Carnival and Anthony's Key = cheap bastards

Wolfsrun

All you divers. Anthony's key in Roatan has an exclusive contractual arrangement with a great dive outfit, Tropicalrez adventures. This means that they have arranged with Carnival to raise the price for their adventures to make cruise ship travellers pay a lot more.

Case in point. If you want to scuba dive with a Dolphin, booking through Tropical Rez adventures, the price is $112. But if you come off a cruise ship they won;t touch you, because they are forced to honor thier exclusive agreement with Anthony's key. So just becasue you came off a ship, the price for this outstanding adventure is $200 per person!

Freaking carnival.:mad:

• 1 month later...

I noticed this when trying to find a good scuba adventure in Roatan. It looks like Anthony's Key Resort is the best place to go through and I found where non-guest price for a dolphin dive is $112 and Carnival says it's $200. On AKR's website, it never mentions what to do if you are cruising and don't need a room that night. Does that mean if I try to make a reservation with them, they won't let me because I'm on the cruiseship. Grrrr, what to do, what to do????

BTW, does anyone know if that $200 Carnival charges you for this excursion excludes all your rental gear or is that just for the excursion (boat ride, etc.) and you have to pay extra for anything you rent. What does this include exactly? Please help me!!!

I tried to make a reservation and was told that they can't make direct reservations for cruisers. However, the $200 does include all equiptment, and the dive was truly extraordinary. I hated paying double, but the dive was totally worth it. Also, the AKR crew was outstanding.

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

I also tried to book the dolphin activities though tropicalrez.com, but they couldn't book it for cruise passengers because the ship has an exclusive agreement with Anthony's Key Resort, not them - they would have loved to book the dolphin dive for us, but couldn't! The agent there (I think it was Sandy) said that Anthony's Key is opening up a separate operation on another cay for dolphin activities, and they are hoping to be able to help cruise passengers with that tour.

We're going back to Roatan in March, for a week, also booked through tropicalrez, and we've booked the dolphin dive for $112 through them. I can't wait!!

Archived