Elation - which are Porthole cabins?

Trin1103

Hi all,

We sailed the Elation this past January and LOVED it! :) So - we're thinking of booking a quick getaway on her sometime later this fall.......

However, I have been doing some research, and I am finding it rather difficult to determine which of her forward-located cabins are porthole cabins. Can anybody help me out?

We want to avoid getting a porthole cabin - but we will be booking a bit more short-notice this time round and may be forced to do forward ship rather than midship, as all that's available midship is right across from the elevators/stairwells. I was doing some looking around on the online booking engine with Carnival, but I couldn't find the location of any porthole cabins.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi all,

We sailed the Elation this past January and LOVED it! :) So - we're thinking of booking a quick getaway on her sometime later this fall.......

However, I have been doing some research, and I am finding it rather difficult to determine which of her forward-located cabins are porthole cabins. Can anybody help me out?

We want to avoid getting a porthole cabin - but we will be booking a bit more short-notice this time round and may be forced to do forward ship rather than midship, as all that's available midship is right across from the elevators/stairwells. I was doing some looking around on the online booking engine with Carnival, but I couldn't find the location of any porthole cabins.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Click on the below two categories

Stateroom Descriptions

Staterooms with Portholes

if it is a porthole cabin, it will be an inside with a 'PT' code.. .You need to look at the inside prices in order to see if they are available to book.

generally speaking, tho..its usually the first 5 or so cabins on each side of the ship. We were in E7 (PT) on the Inspiration, and I think there was only one more cabin after ours that was a PT.

They go further back that that..........we have R31 booked on Elation in September and it is a PT.

you DO have the last one on riviera deck!!

I found a nice set of deck plans on a website... Cruise web dot com

diamond symbol denotes PT rooms!

Main to room 30

Upper to 18

Empress to 10

We usually book PTs and we get the furthest one back .....so the one next to us is an OV.

DW and I were in U-7 and our college-aged children were in U-9 on our Carnival Elation cruise. Due to the angle of the bow and the curvature of the hallway, I thought that U-7 (our room) was a bit larger than the other one. PT rooms also lack furniture, just the two twin beds, a chair, a stool, and the lifejacket 'box' in the corner; so the room seems very roomy compared to a balcony cabin. The few balcony cabins on Elation are classified as suites, with an appropriate price as well. It was nice getting sunlight in the room for the price of an inside cabin.

Archived