Which Noordam do you prefer??

CretaMed88

HAL had far fewer ships at that time..... 1986

The fleet consisted of Nieuw Amsterdam III, Noordam III, Rotterdam V and I think the 'old' Westerdam.

Nieuw Amsterdam III and Noordam III are sister ships.

We sailed on the "old westerdam" the year before they cut her across the middle, and put in a lido restaurant, stretching her into a longer ship.I think that was the plan for her.

Try Eurodam.... I think you might like her.

We were amazed to find we like her as much as we do.

Sail -

We have sailed Eurodam - her inaugural. And we did love her.

Tamarind & the Silk Den - sweet spaces :)

Explorations & the library taking up 1/2 the Crows Nest - not such a great idea. Much prefer the quiet, dedicated location on Noordam.

Those teeny, tiny spa cabins behind the Crow's Nest with the Juliet balconies - would be fab for a single, but I can't imagine living in one of them for a week with John, let alone 10-15 days. :eek:

Capt. von Donselaar - a sweetheart of a man, very personable & accessible to passengers. I brought a gift for his Mrs, since she was aboard that sailing too, but HE took it away from her & really enjoyed it. :D

We only get to cruise 1x per year & sadly, Eurodam hasn't come up again in the rotation.

Noordam III. She is still our favorite HAL ship. Loved the cabins on the Sun deck, the Navigation Pool, the smaller crows nest. We sailed on her nine times and on four of those cruises our captain was Eelcko Ypma, and twice we had Dirk Zeller as the HM. We do like the Vista ships but we have too many good memories from the Noordam III.

Those teeny, tiny spa cabins behind the Crow's Nest with the Juliet balconies - would be fab for a single, but I can't imagine living in one of them for a week with John, let alone 10-15 days. :eek:

No, not really. I'm a single and they really aren't fab.

Archived