Family of 5 cruise to Caribbean--what kind of suite/cabins?

My family (70 y/o active dad and mom, me (38), brother & SIL (32), 1 year old niece) is planning a winter trip. I'm trying to convince them to go on a cruise and they are actually considering it. Mom and dad have been on a luxury cruise to Alaska (can't remember the line--not RCI); they would want something nice with a balcony. Is there a suite on Oasis/Allure or Liberty/Adventure (one of the big ships sailing the Caribbean in January) that could hold all of us? If not, what are our best options? I've gone on my last 2 cruises on Majesty alone, and the previous cruises were all with my ex-bf, so I've only needed to worry about one cabin. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!

A suite would only have one bathroom, and two "real" beds. The other beds would be either bunks pulled down from the ceiling, or sofa bed.

If you look into getting connecting cabins, each room will have two "real" beds, as well as a bathroom each. Even if you get adjacent balconies, the balcony divider can be opened to connect the two rooms.

And, two rooms are probably less expensive than getting a suite.

A suite would only have one bathroom, and two "real" beds. The other beds would be either bunks pulled down from the ceiling, or sofa bed.

If you look into getting connecting cabins, each room will have two "real" beds, as well as a bathroom each. Even if you get adjacent balconies, the balcony divider can be opened to connect the two rooms.

And, two rooms are probably less expensive than getting a suite.

Thanks! That's probably what we'd do. I think my dad would like the perks of the suite since he's never been on RCI--the concierge lounge, etc. Would the rest of us be able to get those too? And vice versa--I'd be Emerald half-way through the trip?

I believe only those actually staying in the suite get the suite benefits.

As well, you won't get your Emerald status until after your cruise is over, even if you qualify midway through the cruise

My family (70 y/o active dad and mom, me (38), brother & SIL (32), 1 year old niece) is planning a winter trip. I'm trying to convince them to go on a cruise and they are actually considering it. Mom and dad have been on a luxury cruise to Alaska (can't remember the line--not RCI); they would want something nice with a balcony. Is there a suite on Oasis/Allure or Liberty/Adventure (one of the big ships sailing the Caribbean in January) that could hold all of us? If not, what are our best options? I've gone on my last 2 cruises on Majesty alone, and the previous cruises were all with my ex-bf, so I've only needed to worry about one cabin. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!

We nearly booked the Family Royal Suite on IOS when there were 5 of us. It has a main bathroom and another bedroom with a bathroom en suite. The floor space is massive, as is the balcony. (See youtube for examples)

As the 3rd to 5th person get charged a smaller amount that the first two persons in the suite - we realise the extra cost each would have been approx £150 pp and for the full suite perks. We would have done it, but two of our party had to sadly pull out. Disappointing, but we would definately go for that option if it were available.

We were told by the customer service agent that a min of 5 people can booked in the Family Royal Suite, which cant be booked on line.

Hope tha helps

Jean :)

We stayed in the Royal Family Suite on the Mariner back in 07. We had six people and it was incredible. There was two bathrooms, one main bedroom , a second bedroom with either the beds pushed together or apart along with two pullman beds. And the sofa bed in the living room. On the voyager ships the RFS are on the back of the ship with a huge balcony. It was definately worth every penny.

Is that not 6 (six) people, or is the baby not cruising? Babies count as a person, don't they?

:cool:

I counted 6 too. I was also confused. Maybe OP didn't know babies count as full paying passengers. If baby is going try to get a ship on RCCL that has a royal tots nursery. It is $8 an hour but well worth having a nice dinner every night without a squirmy toddler.

We booked a Royal Family Suite on Adventure of the Seas in 2009 to celebrate our Mom's 70th birthday and had an amazing time. There were five adults booked in the cabin.

There is a master bedroom with bathroom and full tub (mom and I shared), a second bedroom for brother and girlfriend, and my DH took the sofa bed in the living room- what a great guy! There was a second bathroom and a huge walk-in closet for the remaining passengers and a double balcony.

Mom absolutely loved the entire experience. The concierge completely spoiled her as did our waiter and assistant.

We loved having our private space to come back to so we could catch up on what everyone did. It was an aft cabin so we had wonderful views each day.

We highly recommend the experience.

Archived