Aquarium/Zoo

clm101798

Shore excursions usually only give you 45 minutes or an hour for the Aquarium & Zoo which is not long enough. I'd recommend going there on your own so you can explore at your own pace. Should take anywhere from an hour-and-a-half to three hours depending on your speed.

We were there last May. We went on our own taking a Taxi from Hamilton. I cant remember exactly what it cost us, but I know it was not much. Admission was $10.00 for each person. That included the zoo and the aquarium. Their gift shop was very reasonable and they had a snack shack there also. I agree that going with a tour is going to cost you much more then going on your own, but it will eat up the time. Better to go on your own and really take your time to see everything. We were lucky, as it was feeding time for the large turtles and we spent alot of time there just watching them eat. It was so amazing the amount of food they ate, and the sizes they were able to chew up.

We did this last year. My better half loved it. Those orange monkeys are neat. Skip the ship excursions in Bermuda and explore the island on your own. It's safe and easy to get around. All you need is a map of the island and a bus schedule and your good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived