12-year old on Epic

Regguy

Can anyone explain the kids club set up on Epic in a bit more detail for me? I find the NCL web site a bit vague on the details -- especially for Tweens.

In particular I'm a bit concerned about our 12-year old being at the high end of the Dolphin group.

We've sailed disney a couple of times, and they have a kids club for that age called "Edge" where kids can go and hang out, and it's not particularly structured. They have scheduled activities, but if you don't want to do face painting, or scavenger hunt, or whatever is planned, you can just hang out there and play games or wii, etc. How will that compare with the "Dolphin" 10 to 12 year old "Splash Academy" group on Epic?

Also, it sounds as though even 12 year olds on NCL need wristbands. Does this mean we'll have to sign him in and out? He's not going to particularly like that.

My DD was 12 when we went on the Epic last year we did not have to sign her out of the club and she had a great time. Initially she was worried because she wanted to go in the teenager side. The rest of this reply are her words:

Regarding the activities, they are scheduled activities, but after every few hours there is a free time session to play on the wii, dance area, air hockey etc. Your son shouldn't worry about not liking activities, because the people there will probably be entertaining enough! But there is everything there that any twelve year old would want to do, even if he just wants to sit playing on the xbox all free time. Hope this helps :)

Back to mum: DD met kids from all over the world,boys and girls and is still in touch with some of them. DD & DS scored the Epic 10/10 :D

At 12, it's up to you if you want to have them signed out by you or they can sign themselves out. They actually have to be there a certain amount of time before they can sign themselves out (an hour I believe? I can't remember). My other advice is go on the first night when they have open house so they can meet the others!

Here's a copy of the 10-12 activities on the Epic - keep in mind this was January of 2011 so they may have changed a bit. My 12 year old enjoyed the club a lot.

10-12part1.jpg

10-12part2.jpg

Archived