Pay More...... Get More.

sail7seas

Sail, actually you know that you can make special requests for items. Why not request Ship Services to have available for you Whole Wheat Pasta, Sweet Potatos and some of the other items you would like. They may ask you to pay extra which is really what you are wanting to do. You would be shocked at some of the requests I get and amazingly HAL does try to comply. I have had requests for specific foods because the country and reside in and religious beliefs requires they only eat certain foods. Just tell your PCC to put in a request with Ship Services.

Sail, actually you know that you can make special requests for items. Why not request Ship Services to have available for you Whole Wheat Pasta, Sweet Potatos and some of the other items you would like. They may ask you to pay extra which is really what you are wanting to do. You would be shocked at some of the requests I get and amazingly HAL does try to comply. I have had requests for specific foods because the country and reside in and religious beliefs requires they only eat certain foods. Just tell your PCC to put in a request with Ship Services.

Yes, Lisa. :)

I've had this conversation with several Dining Room Managers and Hotel Managers.

But Special Requests through Seattle is really not my point.

I think these are things that should not have to be special request for one or two people who 'go to the trouble' of troubling others on their behalf. Then sit in the dining room having something served to them that others cannot/do not have. I would be so uncomfortable for someone to see us with the baked sweet potato and ask how we got it. No potato is worth that to me.

I don't wish to do that.

But thank you for the suggestion just in case some of us did not know we can do that. :)

Given the current MDR situation on HAL, which will probably get worse before it improves (given MANY recent conversations on CC), it appears you have choices that fall into two categories:

1. Take most of your dinners in the Pinnacle, and communicate with Seattle PRIOR to the cruise that you need to have whole wheat pasta and sweet taters served to you there.

2. Try a more-upscale cruise line that has better foods and more choices, AND has ships of the size you prefer. Three lines come to mind: Cunard (Grill Class), Regent and Crystal.

I hope this is helpful,

AG

Thanks Air Gorilla.....

There is no chance we will be leaving HAL after about 80 cruises with them to go to a cruise line with very much smaller ships that don't interest us, with a whole different mind set that doesn't work for us and without the crew/staff/Officers on HAL ships.

In other words....... the people of HAL are far more important to us than sweet potatoes.

I will not be bothering HAL Seattle with special food requests. That is just not something I have any desire or interest in doing but it is great it has been posted here so people who don't know that is a possibility learned that is something they can do, if they wish.

Archived