How many people do you usually cruise with?

CruzerDeb

Just out of curiosity . . . how many people do you usually cruise with? Just immediate family (spouse, children); extended family; family and friends, etc.?

Seems like there are a lot of big groups sometimes!

We have our second cruise booked for next summer (well, just DDs and me) and I'm wondering if in the future I'd like to plan something bigger. None of my friends/family is into cruising . . .

I cruised with as little as one (my sister) and as many as 800 plus on a group cruise sponsored by a local radio station.

Just out of curiosity . . . how many people do you usually cruise with? Just immediate family (spouse, children); extended family; family and friends, etc.?

We have our second cruise booked for next summer (well, just DDs and me) and I'm wondering if in the future I'd like to plan something bigger. None of my friends/family is into cruising . . .

The less people the better because when there is too many it becomes a problem because everyone has there own agenda and its very hard for everyone to agree on anything.

I've been on five cruises, three of which have been family reunions. Here are our numbers:

Good idea. Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery, here I go:

1st cruise = 22

2nd cruise = 25

3rd cruise = 7

4th cruise = 2

5th cruise = 24

6th cruise = 2

7th cruise = 28

8th cruise = 2

Above does not include a company cruise that we took on RCCL with over 100 in our group.

They are all fun, but as has been said sailing with just the wife is very different from the group sailings. The best part of cruising with a group as opposed to other group vacations, is everyone can do their thing during the day, and catch up at night.

No cat herding in other words.

Kevin C

For several years, it's always been Mom and DD and a friend trips. Then, for the past few years we have always cruised with 6 in 3 cabins. DH and I take our DS and DD (both bring a friend). Yes, we foot the bill for all of the cabins. DS and DD just turned 24 and 22 this summer, and this is the first year we are cruising without them. We went in April and are going again in October--Yay! Just DH and me. April was the first time since our kids were born that we vacationed anywhere, cruise or not, without them. I liked it. Both of our cruises this year don't even come close to costing what one cruise with everyone in 3 cabins cost and I even got jewelry.

DW and I have done 2 group/family cruises and the rest were just me and her. For the group cruises, we all agreed up front, everyone was free to do what they want, and no one was obligated to "follow the group."

In September, it's always just me and DH

In February, we host a group cruise - this year, it's close to 60 people -

If you are just traveling with other people and not hosting, then it's not a big deal - but as a host, there are some things we have to handle - and it's not as much of a vacation. That's why I told DH this group cruise could not replace my vacation.

All of our cruises have been with good friends and once with cousins! All of them have been a BLAST!! Lots and lots of laughter, for sure!

Elation 2005 9 of us

Conquest 2006 13

Fantasy 2007 16

Fantasy 2010 11

Freedom 2012 13

Looking forward to many more!

1st cruise there were 6 of us - me, hubby, 2 daughters, bf of one my daughters and my sister.

2nd cruise - above 6 plus other daughter's bf and also one of her friends, so 8.

Next cruise in 2013, above 8 plus my mother, mother-in-law, aunt, brother & sister-in-law and a few cousins. So, we're up to 15, with possibly more.

Alaska is on my bucket list and I'm shooting for 2014, but I think that will just be me and hubby.

It's usually my brothers, sister, their spouses, sometimes their kids, a few cousins and a few friends. We're a group of 10-25. The more the merrier we say.

#1= DH & me

#2= DH, me, DS, DD, DM, DF

#3= DH & me

#4= DH & me

#5= DH, me, DS, DD, DM, DF's cousin, DS's friend

#6= DH, me, about 10 friends from cruise #5

#7= DH, me

#8= DH, me, 2 friends

#9= DH, me, friends from cruise #5

#10= DH, me, friends from cruise #5 & #8 (about 25-30 of us)

After meeting the friends on #5 and cruising with them on #6, we were bored to death on #7. It's a different world on a ship when you don't know anyone other than your spouse.

Usually cruise with 2,000 to 6,000 strangers and about 20 to 30 I know. Last cruise got sick of trying to make it work for everyone's schedule and went by myself.....what a breath of fresh air! What no cats to heard,people drunk or pissed, Sad,hungry,mad,little johny stubed toe, etc......I'm a convert!

Did what I wanted to and how! If I needed friends met a lot and we had fun when required. Was a little awkward at dinner at a table for 8 by myself but I'm a big boy and best service I ever had!

Seems like there are a lot of big groups sometimes! . . .

Doing our 7th group cruise in June 2013. Started in 2001 with a group of 5 families (friends) with 27 people,

and grew to 100 people in 2011.

It's the funnest way to cruise. Kids all have friends to hang with, and adults have a great time. Kind of interesting trying to organize shore excursions.

Next one on the Breeze in 2013

Normally it's just DH and I but we meet so many great people each year we decided to see how it would be with our friends.

This October there will be 14 of us. DH,I , FIL, MIL, 4 of my dearest friends; then some friends of friends.

We will see how it goes!

Sometimes just the 2 of us. The next cruise in September will be 24 in our group. Most times, DH with my sister and brother-in-law.

First cruise last year was myself, dd, and 8 other moms with their daughters for our daughters senior trip.

This time it will be just myself and DH. This will be DH's first cruise, and the first vacation we've taken without our kids in 22 years. Not sure what to expect but looking forward to just doing what we want and only worrying about the two of us.

If DH enjoys the cruise, I've already suggested doing a group next year with family and close friends. I was thinking any of them that want to go can tag along, I'll just provide TA info because I don't want to be responsible for collecting everyone's money or being the bad guy if someone is unhappy.

Usually starts out just the 3 of us (since the oldest son is now grown)....

but then we have friends who "surprise" us... (or sometimes let us know a head of time that they have booked, because we did)....

so we never really know.

LOL

:)

Archived