Galveston, TX transportation

NauticalOne

Hello all, we recently booked a January 12th cruise on the Crown out of Galveston. We are very much looking forward to the cruise, but having a little trouble with the transportation from "Bush" airport to Galveston. I know there is another airport named "Hobby" that is a little closer, but our airline miles programs and schedules do not currently allow us to fly into Hobby vice Bush. We have done a little shopping around about transportation from Bush to Galveston and the prices range anywhere from about $100.00 to $130.00 one way/per person for a "sedan", "towncar" or even "deluxe van". I know Princess is pretty new to Galveston, but does anyone have any experience or ideas for the best avenue? Thanks! Glenn

Hello all, we recently booked a January 12th cruise on the Crown out of Galveston. We are very much looking forward to the cruise, but having a little trouble with the transportation from "Bush" airport to Galveston. I know there is another airport named "Hobby" that is a little closer, but our airline miles programs and schedules do not currently allow us to fly into Hobby vice Bush. We have done a little shopping around about transportation from Bush to Galveston and the prices range anywhere from about $100.00 to $130.00 one way/per person for a "sedan", "towncar" or even "deluxe van". I know Princess is pretty new to Galveston, but does anyone have any experience or ideas for the best avenue? Thanks! Glenn

I'm arriving in Galveston on the Crown on December 22nd & some of us are using SuperShuttle which at about $130 for a van would be expensive for only 2 people. I know that Princess has transportation to Hobby (HOU) for $34/pp and they also have it to Bush (IAH) where you're flying. You could contact your booking source (travel agent or Princess) to get the price from IAH which I've been told is twice as far as HOU but not that much more than HOU.

Thanks Astro. Wish we could fly into Hobby, but it does not look as though that is going to work out.

We're flying from HOU on SW after paying $95 for their credit card which gave us 50,000 points & enough for four one-way flights. :D

Back in the day, when Princess last sailed out of Galveston, Enterprise had a car rental rate/package that made it cost effective to get a rental at HOU, leave it at the Galveston office and return it after the cruise to HOU.

You might check with them to see if they will have the same type offering again.

Enjoy!

Back in the day, when Princess last sailed out of Galveston, Enterprise had a car rental rate/package that made it cost effective to get a rental at HOU, leave it at the Galveston office and return it after the cruise to HOU.

You might check with them to see if they will have the same type offering again.

Enjoy!

They are flying into IAH...and unless they plan to keep the car the whole week it won't work. After reading a lot about Enterprise it seems after Hurricane Ike the office is closed on Sundays.

Unfortunately Galveston is not an easy place to get to from the airports. But as someone said check into Supershuttle and check with others on your cruise (roll call) and see if they'd like to share the cost.

Thanks all. We have priced (and set up for $36.00 pp) the Princess transfer from the pier back to Bush. Because we are flying in two days before the cruise (want to check out Galveston a bit) the transfer is not available when we fly into Bush to get us down to Galveston. The limo thing looks like the best option.

Thanks all. We have priced (and set up for $36.00 pp) the Princess transfer from the pier back to Bush. Because we are flying in two days before the cruise (want to check out Galveston a bit) the transfer is not available when we fly into Bush to get us down to Galveston. The limo thing looks like the best option.

Don't rule out a car rental + parking.

It can save you $$ and also give you lots of flexibility.

Unfortunately, IAH car rental taxes and surcharges are pretty crazy. But it's STILL cheaper than shuttles and limos. Sometimes.

Don't rule out a car rental + parking.

It can save you $$ and also give you lots of flexibility.

Unfortunately, IAH car rental taxes and surcharges are pretty crazy. But it's STILL cheaper than shuttles and limos. Sometimes.

And I read on another thread that you can drop the car off at Enterprise on Sunday...put the keys in the lock box and call it done.

And I read on another thread that you can drop the car off at Enterprise on Sunday...put the keys in the lock box and call it done.

Yes, but.

Enterprise drop fee into Galveston is about $100.

And since they are closed on Sunday, how are you going to get from Galveston to the airport upon your return? And what if your flight isn't until 5pm - sit at the airport (or would you rather explore Houston area on your own for a few hours)?

Archived