Longer Cruises out of Mobile or New Orleans

leedm

I saw the e-mail from Carnival about Mobile AL. If Carnival reads these threads what about longer cruise from New Orleans and maybe Mobile. Not every week but once a month going to St Thomas or St Maarten from New Orleans or a new ship in Mobile...... How many people would like something like this?????? I would. I've gone to Mexico enough from NO/Mobile. I thinks a cruise like this would create a lot of interest.....What do all you CC Cruises think??:confused::confused::confused:

leedm

I saw the e-mail from Carnival about Mobile AL. If Carnival reads these threads what about longer cruise from New Orleans and maybe Mobile. Not every week but once a month going to St Thomas or St Maarten from New Orleans or a new ship in Mobile...... How many people would like something like this?????? I would. I've gone to Mexico enough from NO/Mobile. I thinks a cruise like this would create a lot of interest.....What do all you CC Cruises think??:confused::confused::confused:

leedm

I would love some different ports of call from Mobile and New Orleans. If they put another ship in Mobile I hope it will be a seven day cruise.

They would have to widen the harbour in mobile for the larger, newer ships to use. One reason why only older smaller ships were there. I took a Fantasy cruise out of mobile the week of the oil spill disaster and noticed there wasnt whole lot of room to turn around in the harbour, like 100 ft or less on each end of ship to river bank. Longer cruises would be nice.

Always wonderd why fantasy class never did 7-8 day cruises.. If they can relocate to west coast from Fla they can do a 7 day cruise. Why is that?? I know it isnt fuel capasity..

Actually.. I did a 7 day on paradise back when it was non smoking out of miami. So i guess It could be done if they wanted to. Expecially eastern caribbean.

Would love to see them offer some longer cruises out of New Orleans or Mobile. But I would love them to move their ships around more. We would have liked to take a shorter cruise this summer but didn't care that much for the Elation the first time around, so didn't book anything.

We enjoy being on different ships, especially if we've been to all the ports before.

When Carnival first came to New Orleans with the Holiday we did a 10 day to the Caribbean with stops in Antigua, Guadaloupe, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Playa Del Carmen & of course Cozumel. We were really hooked after that. 10 days is great. Have done Celebrity for 10 days since then. Would love to see longer cruises out of New Orleans and different ports. I've been to Cozumel so many times that they say "Hola, Jean..Welcome back" LOL

They would have to widen the harbour in mobile for the larger, newer ships to use. One reason why only older smaller ships were there. I took a Fantasy cruise out of mobile the week of the oil spill disaster and noticed there wasnt whole lot of room to turn around in the harbour, like 100 ft or less on each end of ship to river bank. Longer cruises would be nice.

Always wonderd why fantasy class never did 7-8 day cruises.. If they can relocate to west coast from Fla they can do a 7 day cruise. Why is that?? I know it isnt fuel capasity..

Actually.. I did a 7 day on paradise back when it was non smoking out of miami. So i guess It could be done if they wanted to. Expecially eastern caribbean.

Fantasy class does several 7 day cruises annually from Jax and Charleston, so no issue with can they.

Mobile is very close to me and I have been out of that port twice. I have spoken to several people that would love to see some longer cruises to somewhere other than Cozumel. There must be some issue why Carnival has not given this option. It would be interesting to know. If it ever opens up, they have my business !!

I would pay the greater expense in fare price for a longer eastern cruise out of mobile if it was possible since that port is a comfortable drive from my home. 6 hours or less. Better then driving 11 hours to Miami.

Archived