Baggage Delay

FREDHIKES

We are flying into Anchorage on Frontier Airlines with a twenty-five minute connection through Denver the day before we sail. Our concern is that our luggage will not make the connection with us in Denver and the next Frontier flight to Anchorage is not until the next day after sailing time.

Anyone have a suggestion on arrangements that would guarantee our luggage makes it to Anchorage with us? Tried the luggage shipping companies but the cost is as much for each suitcase as the cost for each of our flight tickets. :confused:

just in case our short layover in Atlanta causes a baggage delay. In our carryon baggage, we are putting a change of clothes and necessities for a couple of days. We will be wearing clothes suitable for the dining room. You just never know so be prepared.

Hopefully, your baggage will get to you in at least two days if the airlines lose it or don't make the connection. Inside your bags, put an itinerary and of course name, telephone numbers, addresses where you can be reached.

If they get it onboard within the 25 minutes, then great. Have a wonderful cruise.:)

I have the same concern - but we have 45 minutes between connections in Detroit (both on Northwest). I am also worried that one bag will be diverted to the wrong city, and have split my clothing between the bags so that I will have a minimum of needed clothes in both. I wish we could just lug our bags on board with us!

though lost bags happen, the percentage is very low. If it is YOUR bag, then it is 100% of course.

As one poster mentioned, ALWAYS take a change of clothes and valuables in carryon. We travel quite a few times a year and ALWAYS assume our bag will get lost. Never lost, but has arrived next day, usually after unusual flight problems.

Sticking with Frontier in Denver has you in good shape, even though that is a bit of a tight connection, but if they booked it, then it should work out. Keep your ticket stubs handy and check with the gate agent. He may or may not be able to double check, but do not count on it. If you put a big bright color ribbon or something on your bags, you might be able to SEE it either getting onboard or on the tarmac while boarding your plane.

They do have Walmart in Anchorage and I think at least one of the cities on your way south.

Let us know how you make out.

I hope it works out for you with Frontier.

I guess I'm just paranoid -- we don't have to fly when going to the Caribbean, so it seems to be a bit more of an ordeal to us when we go from the west coast.

Archived