Cabin "no upgrade"

Cristaltips

Hi

I've booked a cruise on Ventura for next January and was very specific about the cabin I wanted ( and paid a premium for knowing what cabin I had, together with freedom dining).

How can I ensure that I don't get an upgrade which I won't want?

Hi

I've booked a cruise on Ventura for next January and was very specific about the cabin I wanted ( and paid a premium for knowing what cabin I had, together with freedom dining).

How can I ensure that I don't get an upgrade which I won't want?

When I book a cruise I ask the TA to select the 'no upgrade' box on the booking page. I imagine that means I will not be considered for an upgrade.

My first cruise was booked direct and a got two free upgrades in 2 weeks!.

I now prefer to book a specific cabin as you might get 'upgraded' to a worse location.

A good travel agent should have asked you if you wanted the upgrade option or not. Ours always does. We always say no because we've normally booked early to get the cabin we want. Also very wary of so-called "upgrades" they are not always the case!

A good travel agent should have asked you if you wanted the upgrade option or not. Ours always does. We always say no because we've normally booked early to get the cabin we want. Also very wary of so-called "upgrades" they are not always the case!

especially when you book a cabin on Ventura or Azura C deck for the big balcony and get "upgraded" to an identical cabin with a smaller balcony on a higher deck.

Thanks for all your replies. I've looked at the FAQ on the P & O website and it appears that if you book online as I did, there is no option to opt out of an upgrade. However, there is a telephone number given to speak to someone to opt out. I've done that now and am assured I'll get the cabin I booked. Wonder if its a ploy on P & O's behalf to have more people available to shift about. Thanks again.

Archived