Arrival in Fairbanks post land tour

mpduquaine

I was wondering, what is the typical time you have arrived in Fairbanks post cruise and post land tour. We arrive in to Fairbanks around 7:45 PM with an over night stay in Fairbanks. Although, due to other commitments, I need to fly out that night. My flight would be at 10:40 PM. With your past experience, would I be able to make this flight. They say there could be delays due to animals in trains way etc. Is there a typical delay into getting into Fairbanks.

Thank you

You are arriving by train? AND you booked your own flight?

You should be OK, You can NOT count on the train getting in on time, and last year, I had over a 30 minute wait for luggage. I would just plan on a cab direct to the airport. You only need an hour window at Fairbanks airport.

If you are arriving by train it could be difficult to make a 10:40 PM flight. It might be best to think of the arrival time of the Alaska Railroad into Fairbanks as a time they are generally aiming for.

The actual drive time from the rail depot to the Fairbanks airport is about 25 to 30 minutes. The Fairbanks airport is small, but TSA has a generous staffing level, so once you are at the airport the lines go quickly. As someone who lives in Fairbanks, you might want to consider changing the flight, if you can, to one which departs closer to midnight.

Tell the train people about your situation and request that your baggage be with you or near to you on the last leg of the journey. That and taking a taxi will save you time.

Consider not taking too much stuff along when you are at home packing. Have only what you can manage with your own hands so you won't be depending on others.

Have a Plan B. for flights.

Archived