Epic Aft on April TA

CapeCodCruiser

I am considering changing to an aft balcony for my upcoming TA in April. Will I like this better than a regular balcony? I know that time of year it can still be quite cool once the ship starts heading north. I have heard it is not as windy - will I be able to use it more (as opposed to a regular balcony) as the weather cools?

Please share your experiences & opinions. Thanks.

We're on the same cruise.

The aft suites were always terrific, although we haven't taken aft on Epic in the three times we've gone.

Aft on the Jade doing Morocco/Canary/Barcelona in November was perfect.

Wasn't windy but it was somewhat noisy when we had an aft on Epic. Just got off the Star & friends had an aft and the water churning had a gentler sound to do. Don't know on the Epic if more power caused the water in back to sound like you were standing next to Niagara Falls (ok not that loud but you get the idea). We were also on the level of afts closest to the water. Maybe higher water noise not as great.

Someone who has more experience than I do with Epic aft compared to others could probably give a broader idea though.

We have booked an aft on Deck 11 for March after talking with others on our roll call who did the Epic aft-facing balconies on their last cruise. Although I can't tell you much about weather for the TA, I can tell you that they enjoyed their aft-balconies so much that they have booked the same rooms again for our cruise in March. They made no complaints of noise, only saying that if you go up too high, you will hear the sounds of Spice H20 into the early hours. They said deck 11 or 12 should be fine. Hope this helps..?

We had an aft bacony on the Epic, it was not a suite and at the time classified as a BA...The balcony was great, not huge but much bigger than normal balconys... Our room steward was kind enough to get us loungers for the balcony...just ask....

I loved the balcony, no wind to speak of....it started my love affair with aft balconys....:D

We were on the 10th floor...

we were on the April TA on the Epic...the weather was great except for 1 day it rained...the 2nd day out of Miami....

that being said, the temp was in the high 60's to low 70's the entire time....we had a side balcony so we could make use of it even though it was cool...can't say what an aft would be like...we didnt' get much wind....

it was chilly to walk up on deck..and very windy on several days...many people were laying out but in their clothes and not so much their bathing suits...the sun helped ALOT...

the Captain did say we had the most calming smooth seas he had ever experienced on this TA.... :)

Marsha

Thanks for the replies. I think I will surprise DH and upgrade to an aft!:)

Here is a link to my Shutterfly "album" of Epic aft/stern stateroom 10318.

http://kjquiltsphotos.shutterfly.com/pictures/27#27

Balcony was great - room steward brought us a lounger and we still had plenty of room to walk around.

I'm on a mac and just can't figure out how to post photos in my thread. Tried the copy and paste method but get code, not photos (:

Balcony was great - room steward brought us a lounger and we still had plenty of room to walk around.

I'm on a mac and just can't figure out how to post photos in my thread. Tried the copy and paste method but get code, not photos (:

Thanks - nice pics!

I know we're gonna love it!

Thakns for the pics! We will be one deck above where you were. Makes me feel like I'm already there! :)

That was my room on the Epic.....I couldn;t remember the room number...I was booked in a different room but changed it in favor of the room layout with the bed next to the balcony....THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES....I loved the Epic...need to go back....

Are all of the aft cabins on Epic enclosed?? I was looking for something with no roof.

I don't think the Epic has any uncovered balconies - perhaps a Haven?

Experts correct me if I am wrong.

I did book one for the TA - surprise for DH!!! <----HA! For DH - Who am I kidding????

And one with bed near the balcony!

i don't think the epic has any uncovered balconies - perhaps a haven?

Experts correct me if i am wrong.

I did book one for the ta - surprise for dh!!! <----ha! For dh - who am i kidding????

And one with bed near the balcony!

you will love it.......

Archived