Millennium "Solsticizing" - Theater Design Changes (Drink tables)

zenworks911

Anyone know if the "Solsticizing" on the Summit changed the theater design at all? I think the M and C class ships have the little drink tables while the newer S class ships do NOT. I really like having the drink tables. I would be disappointed if they took them away during the "Solsticizing" updating process.

Can anyone tell me if the updated ships (Summit in particular) still have the drink tables in the theater for the shows?

zenworks911

Anyone know if the "Solsticizing" on the Summit changed the theater design at all? I think the M and C class ships have the little drink tables while the newer S class ships do NOT. I really like having the drink tables. I would be disappointed if they took them away during the "Solsticizing" updating process.

Can anyone tell me if the updated ships (Summit in particular) still have the drink tables in the theater for the shows?

zenworks911

They have the same drink tables and did nothing with them. You are better off putting your drink on the floor IMHO. Most of the tables we sat by were leaning one way or another. Some were cracked or missing connections. Really in need of help. I was on the ship in May right after rehab.

Solsticizing is apparently frequently misunderstood -- it primarily refers to the addition of some specialty restaurants. At the same time, stateroom linens and soft furnishings were updated, but the layout and fixtures of the theater didn't change, the T-pool is still there, and there are still trays in the buffet (hallelujah!) on the M-class ships. I was at Guest Relations one day with a very unhappy customer screaming (sadly ) about how he expected the Connie to have become a duplicate of the Solstice, and have fresh water pools, and have Internet everywhere and have storage above the bed, and on, and on, and on, while the poor Guest Services staff kept saying "that isn't what Solsticizing meant, sir."

Archived