Corsica

jeanrtco

Rccl has a kayak excursion from one of the beaches in corsica, has anyone done this?? OR since it is very expensive thru the ship, has any one done kayaking in corsica?

thanks, jean

I was waiting to see if anyone answered you and they since they haven't, I thought I would add a comment on what we did in Corsica. I had asked about snorkeling on Corsica because they offered an excursion on RCCL and no one answered so we went ahead so we signed up anyways.

Like the Kayak excursion you are looking at, it was very expensive (compared to in the Caribbean), but it was a really good trip! They took us to one of the out islands and we snorkeled around for about 45 minutes in the clearest water, it was so refreshing after touring Rome and Florence the previous two days. The underwater sights were not that great, but how often can you say you went snorkeling in Corsica? Then we got back on the boat and went to a small dock on the island and walked up to the top of the hill to see a 360 degree view of Corsica - it was amazing!

I don't remember seeing a Kayak or boat rental place, but we did see some kayaks coming into the harbor on our way out. So you might want to do a Google search (we didn't find anything about snorkeling).

kdooley,

Thanks for the response, the snorkeling trip sounds like fun as well, so maybe we will do that one, if the kayak one doesn't have enough people. The other option would be to walk off the boat to the beach and maybe snorkel by ourselves. It seems that some of these ports are not talked about alot. I also did the google search about kayaking in corsica and came up with nothing.

jean

kdooley,

Thanks for the response, the snorkeling trip sounds like fun as well, so maybe we will do that one, if the kayak one doesn't have enough people. The other option would be to walk off the boat to the beach and maybe snorkel by ourselves. It seems that some of these ports are not talked about alot. I also did the google search about kayaking in corsica and came up with nothing.

jean

We got back in time to walk around town and see the beach. It was only about 3 blocks or so from the ship. If you walk out of the port and turn left, just keep walking along the water and when you get to the top of the hill, at the fort, you will see a staircase leading down to the beach. If we planned ahead of time, we could have spent a little bit of time there. Instead, we went shopping and had coffee at a cafe before heading back. We had to be back by 430, so we didn't go to far.

Archived