ROLL CALL 28/08/12 - Med Adventure

deedee15

Oooh am all excited - 3 weeks on Tuesday to our holiday - who is going with us? :D

We are doing a week AI onboard and then a week AI in Santa Ponsa! ;)

I would be interested if anyone has any information about excursions to Cannes, St Tropez, Monte Carlo, Florence, Pisa as we have never been to these places so are going to try and see them this time :confused:

Oooh am all excited - 3 weeks on Tuesday to our holiday - who is going with us? :D

We are doing a week AI onboard and then a week AI in Santa Ponsa! ;)

I would be interested if anyone has any information about excursions to Cannes, St Tropez, Monte Carlo, Florence, Pisa as we have never been to these places so are going to try and see them this time :confused:

Hi Deedee

We (royal we hubby and me)are also joining the ship on this date, flying from Edinburgh 6.25am. Also 1 week AI and then onto 1 week stay in Palma Nova.

Hopefully we can get a gang together for a meet and greet - can't wait.

see you soon

Zena

Hi Zena - We are flying from Edinburgh too so will probably see you at the airport :) - there is usually someone there to catch all the cruise people at check in -do you have your tickets yet? travel agent told me it will be another 2 weeks :(

Hi DeeDee

No tickets yet, they told me probably next week and yes will hopefully catch you in departure lounge. Hope the coffee shop will be open at that time in the morning!! We have not had such an early flight before:)

Zena:cool:

everything is usually open on the departure side regardless of time - we have had loads of early morning flights - we will be heading for the bar as my OH needs a wee courage booster before flying lol :cool:

Hi Deedee

Flying from Gatwick with my OH and 2 girls 15 and 20 at 6.35am, this is our second cruise was on Thomson Spirit, to Norway3 years ago where there was a force 10 gale across the North Sea hopefully won't be as rough but hasn't put us off!

Girls are looking forward to the cruise would like to know if there are any of similar age to meet up with.

Anthony

Hi Anth32 - looks like we are all going to arrive around the same time in the afternoon - not sure about anyone else but it is just me and the OH -last time we were on the IE there was a really wide mix of ages so i am sure your girls will have no problems meeting friends their own age :)

Hi Deedee and Anthony

Well its look like we are the only passengers for the 28th!! Means lots of extra dance floor space and drinkies and a guaranteed sunbed on the pool deck ha ha.:D

Look forward to possibly meeting up for a couple of drinks on the IE and making new friends. you won't miss us my hubby 6ft 5 and me 5ft 2 like little and large:p

See you soon...............

Zena

I'm thinking that some people havent found this forum yet - still have 3 weeks today for some more folk to sign up for the roll call - will look for you at the airport - think you will be easy to spot lol :D - 3 weeks today and counting! :)

Hi all

Good news the travel agent called tonight and our tickets are ready to be picked up yaaayyyy. Getting closer and we definitely have the makings of an I.E appreciation group going.

See you all soon:D

Zena

Hi, we are on this cruise too, and from West Midlands. Will be on board about 2pm. I have done some research on the excursions and will be doing the ships excursions in almost every port except Toulon. Their choices really look uninteresting although interested to do Cassis, but don't want to be rushed. There are some private tours that do Cassis, with a boat trip and lunch, but you need about 12 people, would anyone be interested in doing this? Looking forward to going and meeting everyone xxx Happy days eh? xxx:o

Hiya Kaybb - glad to have you onboard lol - have been on the Thomson cruise website and it looks like the cruise is almost full now (and only 5 seats left on the Edinburgh flight) so all gearing up for a good holiday and the chance to meet loads of new friends :) - we are hoping to see St Tropez on the Toulon stop but not sure if we want to do a full day excursion (might have to give it a miss as it seems it is around 1 and an half hours on the coach so I wouldnt want to risk doing it on our own in case we dont get back in time for sailing) - we havent realy looked into all the excursions but will do some of the ship ones just because we are too lazy to source other ones lol :o

Hi Deedee,

Thanks for replying. I am not sure whether it is full to capacity or not. I only booked last Friday and the travel agent said is was not full then, but we will see eh? Not sure about Toulon yet, I have done some research but everything of interest seems a way away. I suppose we will just decide during the week when we have looked at what is on offer excursion wise. LOL.

:D

woohooh!! - just found out there is a Fiesta on in Santa Ponsa when we are there the 2nd week :) - we usually miss Fiestas by days when we go on holiday so am chuffed we will get to see some of this one xD

hi all

Last day at work until 13th Sept - woohoo - 4 sleeps and then 1 week aboard the lovely IE - All who are flying at 6.25am from Edinburgh - I will see you in the departure lounge - mine will be the happy face with the big silly grin on it:D

see you all soon

Zena

Archived