RC Photo Package

I always spend WAY too much money on photos on the ship because most of the time-they are pretty good shots! I have yet to do the photo package and am wondering who has and if you felt it was worth the money. How does it work?

We purchased a picture package on our cruise on the Monarch in April. I paid $264 for the package and I received every picture that was taken during the cruise. I received well over 40 pictures and I would say most of them were the 8X10’s which are $20 a piece. We took advantage of the photo’s that they take before dinner and they took several poses during the session just like they would if you went to a photo studio. We are cruising on the Allure in September and the package I am looking at to purchase is $150 and includes 32 pictures of my choice, pictures of the ship and they will all come in a photo album. I think prices vary by ship. You have to order on line on Royal Caribbean’s website where you would reserve you excursions. Make sure you take a copy of your receipt as the ship does not get notification that you paid for the package.

We bought a photo package on Liberty 3 weeks ago

It was $235 including vat and you get to choose 15 pictures out of all the ones you have taken. They give you a cd, and when you get home you choose your 15 pictures to download

buying them individualy on the ship was $23.95 or with a C&A voucher out the book it was buy one get one half price.

wendy

x

We bought one of these for our Explorer cruise in June. We paid about $300 for our package, but it included all prints and every digital image. We left with over 200 prints and the CD. I definitely feel it was worth it. The way it worked was that we would collect all of the prints throughout the cruise and take them to the counter, where they would hold them for us until the last night.

One word of caution though, even though you click through the RCI website, the company that sells the packages is actually out of the Caymans, so it is a foreign purchase. I didn't realize it until I was looking at my credit card activity online and thought my number had been stolen when I saw foreign transaction fees for the Caymans. Fortunately, I matched it to the online picture purchase.

On the Allure with our granddaughter in June I decided to buy the CD before we left for $299 because I knew we would be buying many pictures. Once onboard they told us for $100 more we could also have all the prints. That brought the total cost to $399 - same as they were charging for just the disk if you bought it onboard. I would never pay that much for photos for just DH and me especially for a 7 day trip but since was her special 10 yr old trip it was well worth it. We have well over 100 prints - all but a few the 8X10. It was the first time we actually pursued the photographers!

Same thing happend to me with the CC charge. I had no idea it was a Grand Cayman company or I would have used a card without foreign transaction fees.

On our upcoming Jewel of the Seas Russia Scandanavia cruise they are only offering a print package - no disk so I am going to pass on it. Don't know why it would vary by cruise. I haven't checked on the subsequent TA since we probably will just want a few photos.

Do buy in advance if you are going to do it. You do save $$.

On the Allure with our granddaughter in June I decided to buy the CD before we left for $299 because I knew we would be buying many pictures. Once onboard they told us for $100 more we could also have all the prints. That brought the total cost to $399 - same as they were charging for just the disk if you bought it onboard. I would never pay that much for photos for just DH and me especially for a 7 day trip but since was her special 10 yr old trip it was well worth it. We have well over 100 prints - all but a few the 8X10. It was the first time we actually pursued the photographers!

Same thing happend to me with the CC charge. I had no idea it was a Grand Cayman company or I would have used a card without foreign transaction fees.

On our upcoming Jewel of the Seas Russia Scandanavia cruise they are only offering a print package - no disk so I am going to pass on it. Don't know why it would vary by cruise. I haven't checked on the subsequent TA since we probably will just want a few photos.

Do buy in advance if you are going to do it. You do save $$.

Thanks for posting this! I just looked and it's $449, so I don't think I will get it. The only other offers are for digital photos not prints. I don't see one for just prints.

Can someone explain to me how to see if there is a photo package available for a sailing? I went into my ressie and tried to find it but I could not. Don't know if I am looking in the wrong place or if it is not offered. TIA!

Go to mycruisephotos.com. Then enter your cruise info and you can see what is available for your cruise. It usually isn't available more than a couple of months out.

We would like to take advantage of these packages but our pictures are usually horrible. After finding them we usually have to hide them behind others because they are so bad. :-)

Thanks for posting the link - we will check out the packages for our sailing.

We sailed on the Allure June 2011. It was DS 7 (at the time), DH, and me. We decided to purchase the CD ahead of time. Knowing that, we took as many pictures as we could. I think we ended up with over 200 pictures, maybe more. We had pictures with the Dreamworks characters, you name it. We more than got our money's worth, but the key was to take as many pictures as possible (and that the family could tolerate taking;). We did the same thing on our recent Disney Fantasy sailing and had 250 pictures on that CD. It truly is the way to go if your cruise offers the CD.

Archived