Information needed: Any taxis or buses Tourlos to Mykonos town

Bewer

Our Celebrity ship is listed to tender at Mykonos (the best option from the research I've done). However from reviews I've read it seems that the cruise lines often change to docking at short notice and then put on chargable shuttles. Does anyone know if taxis are available near the dock at Tourlos or public buses to Mykonos old town?

Our Celebrity ship is listed to tender at Mykonos (the best option from the research I've done). However from reviews I've read it seems that the cruise lines often change to docking at short notice and then put on chargable shuttles. Does anyone know if taxis are available near the dock at Tourlos or public buses to Mykonos old town?

The distance from dock to town is under two miles. There aren't too many taxis on the island, don't know about buses.

I'd guess the most the cruise line could scam for a two mile shuttlebus is $10 return, simplest to bite that fairly small bullet if the ship ports rather than tenders.

JB :)

The distance from dock to town is under two miles. There aren't too many taxis on the island, don't know about buses.

I'd guess the most the cruise line could scam for a two mile shuttlebus is $10 return, simplest to bite that fairly small bullet if the ship ports rather than tenders.

JB :)

Thanks for the reply JB. We will bite the bullet if it comes to it. As you say, in the grand scheme of things it is a small bullet even though a slightly annoying one but hey we're on holiday :D

Our table mates said they took a bus from this dock to Mykonos town for less than 2 euros. Also, once you dock, if you walk down the road to the left for 5 mins you will come across an ATV rental shop.

We went there twice, one time they docked as planned, the other time was a last minute change to the tender.

Archived