Aquatheatre Suites - Allure of the Seas - Insight Appreciated

I'm struggling with a prospective booking of an Aquatheatre suite on Allure for two adults and three (8 and under at TOS) kids.

It's on Deck 10, making it the smallest of the suites in that category. But I (think) I like that it's on the higher deck but not sure I wouldn't miss that extra interior and balcony space (the lower decks are not available). The price point of the higher suite accommodations are prohibitive for me, hence, my interest in this specific category.

I'm concerned about the level of noise from the public space and theatre and the fact I'm not convinced that aft is the way to go (I have not sailed in an aft accommodation before so I may not know what I am missing).

And, is Allure simply too big to be enjoyed, for example, the crowds, etc.?

Anyhow, I am one uncertain puppy at this point and would appreciate any insight, pros vs. cons on this particular category. It seems that this category is highly popular based on my research but I would be interested to know the downside(s) (other than cost) before I plunk down the deposit.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

There are only about 2/3 shows per day, including daytime. Just think of the great view you'll get! Sound-proofing is very good so noise shouldn't be an issue. You'll probably be able to film the shows without being chastised!

Allure is NOT too big to be enjoyed imo. Yes, a lot of people on board but the ship is more than big enough to absorb them all.

PROS: lots of room, aquatheater suite 8330 was really too big for my mom, brother, sister in law, and 10 yo niece and nephew suite on deck 10 would have plenty of room

lots of excitement and shows to watch from balcony, stunning ocean and island views, when cabin balcony doors shut, we could not hear outside noise

suite benefits

CON: long walk down narrow corridor with cabins on both sides(alot of cabins) it can get crowded at times with stateroom attendants and other guests in corridor

Allure has so many different activities. I experienced a crowded ship once on 2nd to last sea day on boardwalk when trying to eat at Johnny Rockets for lunch. We just went the next day, no problem.

We tackled this ship like we do Walt Disney theme parks. We would go to pools early 9:30 to 11:00AM, very few other guests there, less sun and heat. If the kids wanted more pool time we would go after 5 PM. The spinpool was the favorite.

We were in aquasuite 9730 on the Allue in June 2012. There were four adults and three kids (ages 10, 4 & 15 months). With three young kids, the aqua suite is the only way to go! They will have lots of freedom on the balcony and the family room. Having 2 separate bedrooms is also a plus. With the balcony door closed, and the bedroom door closed, it was virtually impossible to hear any noice from the evening aqua theatre shows, movies on the big screens and daytime aqua theatre shows while laying down at night or during the day for naps. Since the room is at the end of the hallway, you don't get any people walking outside your cabin door that may cause noise at night. Down side to this as mention in another post, is that its a longer walk to the elelvators and also the kids club is located on the other end of the ship, which means you have to walk the entire length of the ship to take the kids the kids club. Thats the only con I can think of about the aqua theatre suite.

There is a picnic table outside on the balconly that makes it perfect to have a family breakfast from room service, especially on morinings that pull into a port. You have great views of the aqua theatre shows, however the sound is not as clear as if your were sitting down in the theatre. You have 180 degree view of the ocean from the balcony. You get all the suite privleges, which have little perks.

Eventhough the aqua suite you are thinking about is the smallest of the three suites, I would still think it's big enough for your size family.

Sitting on the balcony during the day, the public noise does not bother you, and unless you look, you would not even know people were rock climbing next to your room.

Based on your input, I've booked 10330 on Allure. While I'm still a little iffy on the sheer size of the ship, this cruise is really for the kids so I am sure they will get a kick out of it. The idea of being able to have family meals on the balcony at sea is alluring (no pun intended). Thanks to those who responded.

We enjoyed the ATS due to the size of the balcony. We had 10730. No issues with noise. I have photos of the cabin and balcony in my link below. Also a video of the deck in the Oasis/Allure video area. Don't let the size of the ship scare you. It's great and both Oasis and Allure have been the least crowded ships I have cruised.

We are just off the allure (today)... we have been on 6 or so rccl ships. I can definitely agree with others that they handle the large number of passengers extremely well. This ship seemed less crowded to me than others. I will post more on our trip later.

Archived