Plus Size Dresses

rlkubi

I am a plus size woman size 18W and not happy with myself at this point :(. Menopause has not been good for me! We have three cruises booked and one in 6 weeks. I'm having a hard time finding dresses for formal night. Where do you guys shop? Also for swimsuits? It's very depressing.

I am a plus size woman size 18W and not happy with myself at this point :(. Menopause has not been good for me! We have three cruises booked and one in 6 weeks. I'm having a hard time finding dresses for formal night. Where do you guys shop? Also for swimsuits? It's very depressing.

I know honey....please go to always forms.com. They feature beautiful swim wear for us plus sized women.

Look also for formal wear at Talbots.com. I buy lots of clothing there. Hope this helps...

I've bought some cute suits from swim suits for all dot com Don't do much feally formal so no help there. I always check places like TJ Maxx and Ross just in case something's cute and fits. Just enjoy all the cruises; looks like you've got a lot of experience with them:)

Try the swimsuitsforall.com. They have some really cute ones in all sizes. There is one I think SOMEONE should buy by I think Longitude (sp) with polka dots and a cross body tie....so cute. It didn't come in my size but I just bought 2 suits from there and a cover-up all on sale. Wear what you want and makes you happy, that is all that matters!

I have had really good luck in the sale/clearance areas for Macy's and Nordstrom when I am looking for formal wear. Since neither store is anywhere near us I order online. I go up and down in sizes between and 14 Misses and a 16W...right now I am at a 16W. I decided to stop beating myself up over my weight and just accept the fact that I am meant to be on the fluffy side. :)

Lisa

I know honey....please go to always forms.com. They feature beautiful swim wear for us plus sized women.

Look also for formal wear at Talbots.com. I buy lots of clothing there. Hope this helps...

Sorry it is alwaysforme.com

I'm also a fluffy 18w ;). You should check always for me dot com for swimsuits Their Illusions line is wonderful and gives great support! As for dresses, I get my casual dresses from Macy's. They're having a great sale on summer clothing now. I got some Capris for $9 (they were originally $69). Since I don't usually wear elegant dresses, I shop for them at Ross & TJ Maxx. They usually have beautiful elegant dresses at great bargains. Good luck.

I have recently discovered Ross (their slogan is "Dress for Less" - not sure if you have one in your area?)... which not only has nice stuff for us bigger girls, but their prices are awesome.

I got the cutest swimsuit a few weeks back and it was only $20! I was so excited over that find! I can't wait to actually wear it in a few months. lol

I'm also a fluffy 18w ;). You should check always for me dot com for swimsuits Their Illusions line is wonderful and gives great support! As for dresses, I get my casual dresses from Macy's. They're having a great sale on summer clothing now. I got some Capris for $9 (they were originally $69). Since I don't usually wear elegant dresses, I shop for them at Ross & TJ Maxx. They usually have beautiful elegant dresses at great bargains. Good luck.

Agree with alwaysforme dot com. I ordered a bandeau twist with removable straps and it was great. I'm a full size 3X and the fit was true.

On CC I discovered a site called everpretty dot com. Ordered a 3X but the sizing was closer to a 2X. To the OP, as an 18 you should be able to find something in your size.

Items are shipped from China and come very quickly.

Good luck!

Rockfan2

I am also your size and buy mine at Dressbarn (we have an outlet nearby) and JCP. I think Dressbarn is my fav because they have cute styles and are reasonably priced. I found my latest dress there for only $35 and it is a tank style with rhinestones with a matching jacket. I loved it on our last cruise.

I'm an 18w too and found three dresses at Dressbarn (also http://www.dressbarn.com) and one from JCPenney (jcp.com)! Love them all! Also found swimwear at Dillards and at alwaysforme.com last year! Only 25 days and a wake-up left!

Hope you find something that you are comfortable with so that you can enjoy your cruises!!

• 4 weeks later...
Agree with alwaysforme dot com. I ordered a bandeau twist with removable straps and it was great. I'm a full size 3X and the fit was true.

On CC I discovered a site called everpretty dot com. Ordered a 3X but the sizing was closer to a 2X. To the OP, as an 18 you should be able to find something in your size.

Items are shipped from China and come very quickly.

Good luck!

Rockfan2

Well i went to everpretty dot com and it was minnow buckets! HAHAHAHAHA!!! So if you don't need a minnow bucket it is actually ever-pretty dot com. :D But thanks for the laugh Rockfan!! And for the website!

http://www.kiyonna.com - Very pretty dresses, separates, and swimwear. Right now they're offering 30% off their clearance prices.

http://www.igigi.com - Dresses and separates, with some shapewear. They're having a Labor Day sale too; 20% off of everything except Spanx.

http://www.eshakti.com - This is my new FAVORITE place to order dresses and separates. Totally customizable--for most dresses, you can change the sleeves, lenghts, or necklines. You can also enter your own measurements and the dresses will be made to fit you. And the prices are VERY VERY reasonable.

Lands' End has a nice selection of bathing suits in extended sizes, and most are on sale.

Hope this helps--don't settle for less than perfection!

http://www.kiyonna.com - Very pretty dresses, separates, and swimwear. Right now they're offering 30% off their clearance prices.

http://www.igigi.com - Dresses and separates, with some shapewear. They're having a Labor Day sale too; 20% off of everything except Spanx.

http://www.eshakti.com - This is my new FAVORITE place to order dresses and separates. Totally customizable--for most dresses, you can change the sleeves, lenghts, or necklines. You can also enter your own measurements and the dresses will be made to fit you. And the prices are VERY VERY reasonable.

Lands' End has a nice selection of bathing suits in extended sizes, and most are on sale.

Hope this helps--don't settle for less than perfection!

I like some of the dresses on the eshakti web site. How do the sizes run? The dresses seem very reasonable but not sure how to order.

I didn't notice their return policy. Is it flexible?

Re ordering from eshakti, as with ordering any clothing online, a tape measure is your FRIEND. Use the sizing guides! I ordered according to my measurements, which put me one dress size up from what I usually wear, and while the dress fits, it's just a smidge too big. Most of their dresses are 100% cotton, so they will shrink just a bit when washes and dried. I've since ordered dresses in my usual size and they fit perfectly--my preference is for them to fit closely to the body. Good luck!

Archived