HAL's Next Ship??

sail7seas

Now going back to Sail's original question if HAL does this what do you see them changing on this new innovative ship? What can they do that is totally unexpected and amazing but yet realistic with out copying the things that Celebrity has done and the new things that NCL has done and is bringing out with the new Breakaway?

OK we have not had much contribution as to what could HAL do what would be unique and different that no other cruise is doing.

I have two suggestions.

First would be to expand on the Green House Spa, When the Vista Class came out with the Zuiderdam in 2002 HAL's Green House Spa was just a slight step ahead of it's time for Spas on a Cruise Ship. The Thermal Suite was totally new for ships. I would like for HAL to expand on their Spa Offerings possibly doing something such as a Japanese Bath House and or something similiar to the Spa Grande at the Grand Wailea in Maui.

http://www.grandwailea.com/spa-grande/default.htm

My other suggestion would be a Gourmet Dutch Theme Restaurant serving Traditional Dutch dishes but with some other entree's for those dining that are not quite so sure and are picky eaters ;)

I am sure they will need to do things like have iPod Docks in every cabin and supply an iPad in the cabin as well but this is nothing new that other lines are not already trying :o

Well you will laugh at my answer - but if they were on the ball, they would realize people are willing to pay a premium for better service and food.

So, I would build another Prinsendam that sells out, demands a higher price and cater to the demographic before they go to another line.

but most likely they will build another Nieuw Amsterdam unfortunately. Big ships are the wave of the future for the mass lines and HAL hasn't realized they they could have separated themselves by remaining a premium cruise line.

And frankly, if I was HAL I wouldn't build a new ship right now - the world is saturated with ships - and they are going at cut rate prices at times.

I'd take care of the smaller ships - fix the problems and coddle them gently and demand the premium that they would deserve.

But, I'm not the CEO of HAL and I do think there's a market here. I do think that peopoe will pay for something between a mass line and a luxury line (oops isn't that a premium line:rolleyes:). My two cents - not wort much as the penny will be gone here shortly:p

Yes. This would be awesome...people are willing to pay, if its what they want and goes where they want to go! We would...

Me, I am hoping for:

Fhloston-Paradise.jpg

Or

wall-e_xl_05-film-A.jpg

Sure she'll be larger than everything else, but c'mon... she flies!

All the posters who have spoken about larger floats'll prolly be proven correct. Looking @ the size of recent ships built (the gargantuan RCI boats, the cyclopean Epic) putting the most amount of bodies on one ship is the wave of the future.

Derek

Archived