Port Canaveral Webcam

Question: may have been asked before...the Port Canaveral webcam...is there someone sitting there at the camera on the sailing mornings and evenings? is it run remotely by someone watching? or is it very sophisticated and has a "ship" finder or timed device?

Inquiring minds want to know?

Lou

During departure I know someone is controlling it somehow. Zoom in and out and follow ships as they depart. On arrivals though it appears to be on a timer. Faces the inlet until a certain time then turns towards the port. Often times not in accordance with ship arrival, leaving me to believe it is a timer.

It's a good question. I have always assumed it's remotely controlled by someone who has other things to do, like maybe the harbor pilots. It does appear to randomly jump to different views at times so maybe it's on a timer part of the time. I have it bookmarked and check it every morning to see what's in port.

Well maybe we will get an answer. Yes it could be remotely operated from even far away. We have a tech firm and operate them as needed for dog kennel operations and such or even home while away so thought it might be someone at their computer operating them. Then again someone may be perched on a stool ... what a job...can I have it!

Lou

Archived