First cruise Liberty of the seas. some questions.

feeor

Hi all, I've left it very late to start posting but my hubby and I are taking our first ever cruise next Saturday on Liberty. We will be departing from Barcelona. We booked our flights and cruise separate. Our TA advised us it would be cheaper to take a taxi rather than book the RCI transfer. Could anyone who travelled recently confirm the taxi cost. The agent estimated €30-35.

We are calling to Toulon, la spezia, rome, naples, mallorca and return to Barcelona. So far we have booked the trip to pompeii with RCI. We are nervous of booking anything privately as you can understand as its our first time. Any recommendations?.

What is the situation getting on and off the ship while in port can we do that as often as we like?

Myself and my hubby are quite into fitness I assume there is no surcharge for the gym but from what I've read there is for classes does anyone know the charge?

Thanks for any help. Im sure I'll think of loads more questions.

Hi all, I've left it very late to start posting but my hubby and I are taking our first ever cruise next Saturday on Liberty. We will be departing from Barcelona. We booked our flights and cruise separate. Our TA advised us it would be cheaper to take a taxi rather than book the RCI transfer. Could anyone who travelled recently confirm the taxi cost. The agent estimated €30-35.

We are calling to Toulon, la spezia, rome, naples, mallorca and return to Barcelona. So far we have booked the trip to pompeii with RCI. We are nervous of booking anything privately as you can understand as its our first time. Any recommendations?.

What is the situation getting on and off the ship while in port can we do that as often as we like?

Myself and my hubby are quite into fitness I assume there is no surcharge for the gym but from what I've read there is for classes does anyone know the charge?

Thanks for any help. Im sure I'll think of loads more questions.

Getting on and off the ship is no different than in the Caribbean.

You will love the Liberty. We disembarked just a week ago.

Firstly, the taxi cost will depend on where you are staying. We stayed near Placa Catalunya (top of La Ramblas) and it cost around 20€ Always get your own taxi as its much cheaper.

The gym, my husband is a gym junkie and he said the Liberty gym is way better than what he uses at home. He was in heaven. But he didn't do classes, just weights and rowers and treadmills etc.

Getting on and off the ship is easy but they X-ray every single time. It is a tender in Ville France. Try getting off by 9am or after lunch. Pompeii, we had a guide and it was fabulous.

Your trip ports sound different to ours, are you sure as I didn't think they had changed. We had Toulon, Ville France, Livorno, Civitavecchia, and Naples. Every day was fabulous, although you don't really need to do anything in Toulon unless you do a Provence tour. Toulon is pretty ordinary although we had travelled through France previously so we didn't really think much of it. The market was nice for foods but the other stuff was rather trashy. Are you sure you are going to Mallorca? Not doing Ville France? Mallorca is in the other direction.

You will enjoy it all.

Thanks for the info. We will be coming directly from the Airport. Very early morning flight. Yes those are def the ports. We had looked at other dates too which seem to be the same ports you called too. Mallorca is down on the itinerary as palma de mallorca. Just re getting on and off I was just wondering if you were limited to certain times etc.

As far as embarking/disembarking goes, you just need to be onboard either 30 or 60 minutes, I can't remember which, maybe 30 minutes, prior to departure. It will be hot so the only day we arrived less than an hour before departure was in Rome, but we were on the RCL fast train so knew the ship would wait for us.

Archived