Versailles from Disneyland Paris

georgieandmike

Well, if you have your heart set on a tour then I assume you can pay the big bucks to some tour company who will pick you up at your hotel. But, taking a tour to Versaille is really not necessary since you can either tour Versaille on your own (and get an audio guide) or book yourself on a tour at the palace. From Disneyland you can get to Versaille by using the RER (regional trains) into Paris and then changing lines. Another option would be to simply rent a car and drive (you do not have to drive into Paris). If you do take the RER into Versaille it is a nice walk from the train station to the Palace.

Hank

I would do a private tour of Versailles if you can because in summer the lines are going to be tremendous. I would think if you do a guided tour you can bypass this. There are all kind of tours on this site and I did Viators recently in Honolulu and Victoria BC and loved them.

http://www.viator.com/France-tourism/Versailles-Tours-and-Travel-Tips-tours-tickets/d51-t6314?pref=02&aid=g4163

When I went I spent along time in the grounds so make sure that the tour covers the outbuildings because I actually liked them more than the Palace itself. You can also rent bikes in the summer and I would definitely do that. You can really make a day and night of it in Versailles.

I actually stayed overnight in Versailles and I loved it. I got to the Palace when it opened so at least I was one of the first one's inside and then I stayed all day on the grounds. They are huge and it is actually a park which is open to the public (not the outbuilding though- you have to pay to go inside them).

You can easily get to Versailles by train to and from Disneyland Paris. Then you could meet your guide there.

Archived