NCL for 20 somethings on holiday break

waterbaby54

need some advice - will my 22 yr old son & his girlfriend find people on board in their age group on the NCL Gem during an upcoming Holiday 9 day cruise 12/31/12 - 1/9/13 to the Eastern Carribean. Anyone have past experience from previous holiday cruises with NCL. (trying to avoid Carnival).....Any input would be appreciated...

need some advice - will my 22 yr old son & his girlfriend find people on board in their age group on the NCL Gem during an upcoming Holiday 9 day cruise 12/31/12 - 1/9/13 to the Eastern Carribean. Anyone have past experience from previous holiday cruises with NCL. (trying to avoid Carnival).....Any input would be appreciated...

More than likely. Every cruise I've been on has had a wide range of ages. Even my 10 day Holland America cruise had a few young folks. (I've not done a holiday cruise)

When my husband and I were in our 20s, we sailed Royal Caribbean 5 times. We liked the dining room assigned seating. We were always put at a table of 8 or 10, with 4 or 5 other couples. They were usually older in their 30s or 40s, but our table-mates always became fast friends.

Because we were young, they seemed to take us under their wing and would recommend shore excursions together, they would save us seats on the pool deck next to them in the morning.

This was all different couples on different cruises, but the same sense of camaraderie each time because we were dinner buddies. We would share bottles of wines and party together at night.

We are now in our 40s and almost exclusively sail NCL. I have found that we haven’t really been able to “pay it forward” due to Free-Style Dining. (Which we now love.) It is difficult for us to form that same bond with people when you aren’t forced to mingle.

If they are very outgoing, I am sure they will meet people their own age to hang out with. There are plenty of 20 something couples onboard especially over New Year as colleges are on break.

I am sure they will have a great time.

• 4 months later...

I have 2 kids who are 21 on his sailing

I am sure they will find people of various ages and interests! Lots of fun activities on NCL that get people involved.

Archived