Hair Dryers on the Disney Dream?

OhJinkies

I need to hear from folks who have recently cruised on the Disney Dream -- a search turned up some older posts but I believe that the hair dryers have changed.

1. Was there a hair dryer in your stateroom, or did you have to request one?

2. Were you satisfied with the force of air it generated? Did it dry your hair fairly quickly?

3. Did the hair dryer require a special type of plug, or could you use it anywhere in your stateroom?

I'd like to avoid packing a hairdryer but don't want to find something that's not going to work well.

Thanks!

If last September is "recent" enough, I can tell you that there was NOT a hair dryer in our stateroom when we arrived, but there was a card on the desk advising that if we needed one we should call housekeeping. We did and one was promptly delivered in a cloth bag. The dryer is a 220 volt model, and there is only one outlet providing the correct voltage; it is on the backsplash of the desk and is marked for hair dryer use - see below. The dryer delivered a strong air flow and good heat. I didn't try it, but I believe it will work if plugged into one of the 110 volt outlets, but will only perform at half of its maximum efficiency.

L1060538.jpg.e62a3d4a4ebd5c0930e8c08d60079cf1.jpg

I have long, thick hair and the dryer on the Dream (when plugged into the correct outlet) does a great job. Hot and great air flow.

Of course, it took me 2 days to realize I had it plugged into the wrong outlet....whoops.

I need to hear from folks who have recently cruised on the Disney Dream -- a search turned up some older posts but I believe that the hair dryers have changed.

1. Was there a hair dryer in your stateroom, or did you have to request one?

2. Were you satisfied with the force of air it generated? Did it dry your hair fairly quickly?

3. Did the hair dryer require a special type of plug, or could you use it anywhere in your stateroom?

I'd like to avoid packing a hairdryer but don't want to find something that's not going to work well.

Thanks!

awe were on the Dream in January and the Fantasy in April.

As far as I know, they still have the same hairdryers. They plug into the same outlets on the desk that the wave phones use and they work great.

I have read of some folks having issues with them not being hot/strong enough, but it was because they had them plugged into the wrong outlet.

Archived