Just got off Jewel to AK. Post any questions and I'll try to answer

sdmike

How did the cabins work out for your group?

I'd give them a B+ overall. A full A+ for size, comfort and the fact that were were all clumped together in a group (4 mini's and 2 insides) and opened all our balcony dividers. I'd give them a B- for noise from above. Lots of running, moving chairs and shuffleboard noise from the pool deck. Didn't hinder my sleep, but since people being inconsiderate is a pet peeve of mine, it irked me that someone wouldn't try to be quieter given the fact there were rooms below them. Would I book the same rooms again? I sure would!

Was there a problem opening up the balcony doors? I keep hearing conflicting reports on whether we can do this or not. We will be on the Pearl next June and have 5 mini-suite balcony rooms next to each other. I've asked if opening up the balcony doors is do-able (to make one LONG balcony) and have heard "absolutely" and "not possible" and "it's do-able but only in port" and even "if you open them up yourself your cabin steward could get fired".

The concierge is Ruth and she is very good, in our group of 6 only 2 were in suites (DH and myself) and she was very kind to include our friends in some of the suites activities, actually the only thing they didn't do with us was Cagney's.

Dan the Man in is the Cruise Director, Johnny was the assistant Cruise Director or our cruise 6/16, Dan is kind of the resident CD on the Jewel.

Did you end up doing the catamaran excursion to Tracy Arm? Love that picture of the HAL ship surrounded by icebergs.

Mary -- Dan the man was also the CD when we cruised in May. I wonder if he's on vacation right now. Thought he was one of the better CD's we've had lately. Have a great time!

The concierge is Ruth and she is very good, in our group of 6 only 2 were in suites (DH and myself) and she was very kind to include our friends in some of the suites activities, actually the only thing they didn't do with us was Cagney's.

Dan the Man in is the Cruise Director, Johnny was the assistant Cruise Director or our cruise 6/16, Dan is kind of the resident CD on the Jewel.

While we don't have a suite this time, we are Platinum so we should be able to stop in and say hello to Ruth. We've had her as a concierge several times. :)

Not to bust in on this post but my question about the concierge has been answered as Ruth, but someone on another post just off the Jewel Sat. 8/4 say it is John ?? I hope its J. D Souza

I know they change around every 4 to 6 months, so I think I'm going with someone Just off the ship.

Archived