Priceline Vancouver 3* hotel

Casey2

Due to my flight cancellation we will be spending one night in Vancouver post cruise. We are also staying 3 nights pre cruise at the Hyatt Regency which we got through Priceline. The price we got the pre cruise stay for is being rejected. Since this extra day was not planned, I really don't want to pay that much for the extra day. I would like to know if anyone has gotten a 3 star hotel through Priceline and if they are ok. I would just like the room to be clean and the hotel to be in a good area.

You will probably get better deals on prices if you stay near the Airport. When I bid on Priceline in March, everything downtown/near the port was $80+ so I was able to get airport hotels around $50+ and they all have shuttles.

4* Vancouver Priceline June 2, 1 Night I checked only the fifth one down Vancouver (not Vancouver Airport)

I bid $63 for 1 night June 2, 2005

My bid was accepted and I got the Marriott Pinnacle Downtown close to pier

Was pretty easy

Be careful about the 3* hotels in the DTVancouver zone on Priceline. 2 of the 4 that come up fairly often are fine but 2 are not in great neighborhoods and are quite a distance from the main part of DT.

I would second the suggestion of trying the airport zone...better prices for nicer hotels and seem to have better availability. You might do OK in the 3* bids for DT, but you might get stuck in a not so great neighborhood.

We are staying at the Delta Hotel at the airport, we plan to get off the cruise ship, take our friends to the airport, as they are not staying the extra day and we would then drop of luggage at airport hotel, then finally get out there and see some of Vancouver....we liked the idea of since it was one day only stay and we would be positioning oursleves at the airport for a very early flight the next day as we had heard of some nightmares with the customs in Vancouver.

We did it with priceline for 60 a night

I arrive in Vancouver a day in advance of the cruise. Once I leave the airport, I go directly to the hotel via the airport shuttle & the sightseeing company will pick me up in a couple of hours to occupy the remainder of my day. The next morning I will take a taxi towards the port to do a harbor sightseeing cruise before boarding the ship at 3pm.

So if you are doing any amount of sightseeing without a car the airport is just as convenient and a better price for the quality.

I am usually traveling solo so I don't waste too much time sitting in a hotel/motel once I arrive so I spend the $$$ on sightseeing rather than an elaborate room where I am only sleeping. This itinerary might be a little too much for many people but I am accustomed to traveling like this.

Vancouver Deluxe City Tour (multiple daily departures)

http://www.bcpassport.com/bus/city.html

http://www.boatcruises.com/harbourtours.html

http://www.vancouverwhalewatch.com/

http://www.vancouvertours.net/tours/tourDetail.cfm/tid/1516

Thank you MaryEllen for the assistance. Any suggestions on Anchorage would be appreciated. Our ship gets in at 7am and we leave like 17 hrs later so we won't have a s much time. Debating bus or train and what else to do ? We thought we might need a room for a few hr snooze at 7pm. Hope we can get off quick when boat docks. Thx again

Archived