Just got back from the Glory - Canada Cruise

NJ04SS

Well, my gf and I just got back from the Carnival Glory 5 night cruise to Canada yesterday. I'm not going to write a long winded review, so if you have questions please post up here and I'll do my best to answer them.

Boarding was easy, everyone at Pier 90 is excellent, efficient and professional. When we got on the ship (around 2:00 PM), they advised us our rooms were ready:D. Dropped off the stuff, went up to Lido to eat. One thing we noticed, the burgers tasted better then they have on other Carnival cruises we have been on and the hamburger rolls did not taste stale. I don't eat lobster, but my gf said the lobster was very good..considering NCL's lobster which last time was covered in some white cream sauce(yuck). This ship still does have the free Sushi from 5-8 PM. The deli was pretty good, open till 11PM and the pizza was good. We had late dining, and we went to change it to early dining without a problem which really made it better! The wait staff in the Platinum dining room upper level was outrageous - they exceeded any type of service we've had on any cruise. Room service was always slow, and not always the most polite - but they have a new york strip sandwhich with cheddar cheese which was excellent.

Our room steward was excellent. Our room was clean, and it was nice that every night we had a different towel animal. On previous cruises, the room was not that clean and the towel animals for some reason were not made every night. The shows were great, a lot of energy. The Love & Marriage game show should NOT be missed!! The serenity lounge for adults only is real nice, nice hammacks! It was nice that no kids were up on this deck.

The cruise director, Josh, was excellent. Extremely personable, would take the time to talk to you outside of the shows/events if he saw you walking around the ship. He was the best cruise director we've encountered since we started cruising in 2008. This was one of the best cruises we've been on, due to the wait staff/housekeeping/ship staff. It was nice too, because we saw some staff members that we've seen on previous Carnival cruises. The ship is nice, I can see why its going into dry dock in November though, needs some updating/TLC. We did not receive our free drink coupon in our stateroom, so we did have to call down and they delivered them promptly. The only thing I wish Carnival did, was a Good Bye show like NCL. I do like that to be honest.

Again, great cruise - no complaints. Canada ports were nice, we've been there before. Went to the reversing falls in St. John, ($8.00 cab ride each way), and it was cool to see. Halifax had the Bunkers festival, which was cool. We went to the Citadel which was really something to see, I def. would reccomend that.

Again, any questions I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Well, my gf and I just got back from the Carnival Glory 5 night cruise to Canada yesterday.

You got on the ship as we were getting off.

Just an additional note....we'd heard that travel agents were telling cruisers not to get to the port til after 1:30. We got to the port at 10:30 and were on the ship by 11 :)

Also the shows on this ship were better than usual...especially the last one....I thing it was called rock thru the ages (or something like that). The illusionist show was good but sooooo loud.

Chair hogs were out in droves but hopefully Carnival will be implementing their new plan to alleviate that.

Archived