Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

Its works for the airlines and it will work for carnival too

Just like the airlines , where people who are elite status have less upgrade oppurtunity cause others bought at discounted rates/ fees

This will water down the plats and diamonds

Ex ... I aways get upgraded to first or at least to a premium seat

Today not so much as people booking economy can pay a nominal fee for the premium seat. Called economy first

It's the way things are

Just like the airlines , where people who are elite status have less upgrade oppurtunity cause others bought at discounted rates/ fees

Today not so much as people booking economy can pay a nominal fee for the premium seat. Called economy first

It's the way things are

would love to see 3000 people cram onto a plane.

It's the way things are

If you are talking about United economy plus blame it on the merger

I still get upgraded to first occasionally but use to get more upgrades on Continental than i do on United now:rolleyes:

If you are talking about United economy plus blame it on the merger

I still get upgraded to first occasionally but use to get more upgrades on Continental than i do on United now:rolleyes:

Yes I am and same here

However the Econ plus certainly water downs the premium seats we used to get

Pay for perks is here to stay

I cannot believe people are still whining and complaining...

You're complaining about FTTF boarders like we're trailer trash... I'm really taken aback by some of the elitist attitudes on here...

I'm just left shaking my head... It's ALWAYS something with the platinum crowd.

Fact is, it is just business. If my clients that have been with me forever do nothing but b!tch and moan, I am not sad to see them go. Why? Because, I can easily fill their slot with someone who is willing to pay more and expects less. That's a win-win. Get rid of PITA clients AND generate additional revenue.

If I give customer loyalty perks to clients, it is not because they PAID for them. Truth is, you paid for cruising/services... Anything else was just a value added perk to throw out there. Things change. Policies change.

It smacks of selfishness to think a company OWES you anything. They owe you what the cruise contract on every cruise stated. After that? You are just getting extras...

Perhaps Carnival is starting to take this attitude that I have with those PITA clients! I wouldn't blame them one bit based on the whining and crying that goes on here...

You're complaining about FTTF boarders like we're trailer trash... I'm really taken aback by some of the elitist attitudes on here...

Fact is, it is just business. If my clients that have been with me forever do nothing but b!tch and moan, I am not sad to see them go. Why? Because, I can easily fill their slot with someone who is willing to pay more and expects less. That's a win-win. Get rid of PITA clients AND generate additional revenue.

If I give customer loyalty perks to clients, it is not because they PAID for them. Truth is, you paid for cruising/services... Anything else was just a value added perk to throw out there. Things change. Policies change.

It smacks of selfishness to think a company OWES you anything. They owe you what the cruise contract on every cruise stated. After that? You are just getting extras...

Perhaps Carnival is starting to take this attitude that I have with those PITA clients! I wouldn't blame them one bit based on the whining and crying that goes on here...

Fianlly someone gets it!! New cruisers, means less expectations,more revenue less perks to give away.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Fianlly someone gets it!! New cruisers, means less expectations,more revenue less perks to give away.

LOL totally agree! Once upon a blue moon I actually defended Carnival as being "repeater" friendly and wanting to bring back loyal cruisers. I stand correct! They WANT new cruisers who will buy all the pictures, have no clue how much they are spending on drinks and will buy only ship-sponsored excursions, because they don't know better.

It's funny how it's only on Carnival ships that the perks are being diminished at a faster rate, and less perks are offered than the rest of the other lines they own.

In many business models, 20% of the customers, generate 80% of the complaints. I wonder if CCL has maybe figured out that they can easily replace their "loyal" customers, with new customers who will expect less, commplain less, and spend more?

It may well be that the value of your loyality to CCL means more to you than it does to Carnival.

Something to think about.

Why is everyone under the impression they are selling 15 of these per cruise? Do you think they would piss off so many loyal customers for $750? On my cruise they put up 15 FTTF tickets and those sold out. Guess what happened next? 15 more went up for sale. And when those sell out? You guessed it. All Carnival is doing is posting these up for sale in 15 ticket increments. This accomplishes two big things. 1) Customer gets the I better buy it now before it sells out feeling. 2) No one knows how many tickets are really being sold.

The fact that they are selling these so far out, means they really cannot capacity control this because they can only "guess" how many Platinum and Diamond cruisers will be on board. To justify this much commotion, I am betting they are selling at least 200 of these per cruise. With 2-4 people per cabin you are looking at 400-800 people. Yes still only a select number on a 3000+ person ship, but not 15 cabins.

Expect the following. Chaotic boarding with Platinum's and Diamand's pissed off at the FTTFs and FTTFs pissed off because they are not "getting what they paid for". Meanwhile the average cruiser will get on quicker than ever. With 200+ cabins to get ready by 11am, they will either need to forcefully evacuate people from their cabins from the previous cruise or have upset customers. Expect longer lines at the "special" guest services line because people will use the line just because they paid for it.

I see Carnival wanting to make extra money, but this is only going to push the loyals away and the FTTFs are not going to get what they thought they were paying for. All they had to do was raise ticket prices $20 per cabin for the whole ship and they would have made the same revenue with no issues. This will be the beginning of a trend. We will soon be paying for luggage, paying for restricted poolside/serenity seating, paying for priority show seating, etc. This is the beginning of a big change.

Can't believe this is the biggest crisis in everyone's life. If it is, then we are all good. My room will be there when I get there, they rarely run out of food or booze, and sooner or later you'll get your luggage (or maybe not!). Oh wait-I don't even have a cruise booked :(. Now that's a real crisis!!!

We will soon be paying for luggage, paying for restricted poolside/serenity seating, paying for priority show seating, etc. This is the beginning of a big change.

I totally agree. People say that NCL nickels and dimes everything, I think this is part of a long range plan for Carnival to start charging for any and everything. I've got one cruise booked now with Carnival, but I think I'm going to see how this plays out before I book another. If enough passengers are willing to fork over $50 for a product that costs them nothing, guess what. If people fall for this, they will pay extra for anything. These F2F passes really guarantee nothing other than being at the front of thundering herd. As stated before all wedding parties, handicapped, plus all platinum and diamond will board ahead of these folks.

And never underestimate the sheer greed of some CC members.

And never underestimate the sheer greed of some CC members.

What about the sheer greed of non loyalty plan members who continually say "move on" " they should just do away with loyalty plans" " Carnival doesn't owe you anything" because we want rock bottom prices. Screw long term customer so I get the lowest price.

In many business models, 20% of the customers, generate 80% of the complaints. I wonder if CCL has maybe figured out that they can easily replace their "loyal" customers, with new customers who will expect less, commplain less, and spend more?

It may well be that the value of your loyality to CCL means more to you than it does to Carnival.

Something to think about.

I worked for a customer service company and what I learned was...Make one person happy and they would tell 3 people...Make one person unhappy and they would tell 7/8 people....I'm just happy to be on a cruise ship...Dennis

I am on the Liberty Sept 8th - it is our first cruise AND I just bought the pass (sorry if that upsets anyone). Hubby and I are traveling with our two kids, it is our first "real" vacation since our honeymoon 10 years ago and I thought it was worth it to be able to board and drop our bags. I wont be hanging in any lounges or stepping on any platinum toes, I just want to enjoy every second of our vacation with my family and knowing we can get in and settled and start enjoying it is worth every penny to me! :)

So let me see if I understand this correctly..

I am leaving on the Liberty Sept 8th...and this will be my platinum cruise...and I already get priority boarding and tendering...correct? (so my docs say) So now I will also get to go to our cabin as soon as we board? and our luggage will be some of the first delivered? Not bad...I wonder if they will have more time to scrutinize those pieces of luggage ...LOL not that I would be hiding anything at all..:D

I'd be interested to hear from some of you who are going to be experiencing these perks the first couple of weeks. Please chime in when you do.

No matter what they say, it is NOT a test, it is a roll out. Other ships will have it. Thinking it is just a "test" is as dumb as posting "LIKE button pushed", I guess people are not aware that this is not Face Book!

The only thing dumb is your knee jerk response.

So while not "unlimited" ...this controlled capacity would still be tripled.....

which mean the loophole is still there.... instead of the 100 extra people they are expecting...it could be 300....still a big difference.

Seriously, quit your whining and put your money where your mouth is. Go to another cruise line if you're so Godforsaken unhappy with Carnival. All you do is complain when you should be grateful to be financially able to take multiple cruises a year. I can hardly stand to read your posts anymore. Sheeeessshhhhh!

Perhaps loyalty isn't that much valued because Carnival owns most of the competition??

I feel like this is a company who is failing at trying to please everyone.

I am personally thankful for any courtesy shown to me for my past business and I feel like I appreciate it more when I'm not expecting it.

;)

What about the sheer greed of non loyalty plan members who continually say "move on" " they should just do away with loyalty plans" " Carnival doesn't owe you anything" because we want rock bottom prices. Screw long term customer so I get the lowest price.

But wouldn't you be getting the lowest price too?

Sorry I am one that thinks the new VIFP should have been across the board # of days cruised. NO one should have been granfathered in. I think it is unfair to the ppl that has as many sea days as a 10 cruise person to nowhere or a 10 cruise person of 3days have. So carnival did listen to ya'll on that one and grandfathered ya'll in so, some of ya'll should be couning your blessings and not complaining. As you see carnvial did not even have to do that and alot of ya'll would not be moaning right now, in fact I bet ya'll would be excited about the new program.

No I am not platinum/diamond and one day I hope to be but as long as I get on the ship I really do not care. Will i take avantage of the F2F yes cause it is offered to me, will I take advantage of my status level yes, but will I complain and moan and groan if someone bring a blue member to the punchline comdey NO, will I moan if someone brings a red to the VIFP NO. Bottem line is some ppl will always find something to grip and moan about. I have even seen them on facebook moaning that this cruise line get this at that status. Was you promised that on carnival no, if you like someone elses program better then go sail with them.

My main complaint all along as been that Carnival has a history of NOT being able to manage things like this well....

and guess what....

I just posted the loophole on John's Facebook page that proves my point.

Currently at Carnival if ONE VIP wants to....they can bring as many NON VIP cabins with them that they want to...

how? All they have to do is secure the Sail and Sign cards of these extra cabins with their credit card.

EVERYONE secured under a credit card must check in together....

this kind of cheating in the VIP lounge has been going on for years.

Guess what....ONE cabin buys the F2F and now brings as many other cabins with them as they want to BECAUSE.....they have secured their Sail and Sign cards with the one credit card.

Then AFTER they have gotten the special embarkion....they go Guest Services and change their Sail and Sign accounts.....

So there is NO WAY Carnival can control the capacity of this new program...

now this is yet another example of Carnival NOT knowing what they are doing...

OR another example of Carnival knowing that what they are telling VIP folks is not true..... yet again!!

Cool story bro.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Archived