Charlie Car Rentals

Diggerof4

I used them last December and will be using them again in January. I used credit card insurance for the collision and their insurance for liability just because I didn't want any claims against my insurance if something should happen. My only complaint (not their fault) was that when the deposit was put back on my credit card it was at a much lower exchange rate so it almost doubled the cost of the one day rental, downfall to being Canadian

• 2 weeks later...

I rented a car from Charlies on Aug 8. Got to SJU around 10pm, waited around 20 minutes for pickup. I left around 11pm from Charlie, and noticed that car felt starnge. I stopped to check tires(it was dark) and they look ok. Next day I noticed tires were not matched and look worn out. The tire pressure monitor turn on and I stopped at gas station to refill the air. Two days later while driving to the east coast, noticed tire pressure monitor turn on again. I stopped to fill the the tires and noticed that one side of the tire was really worn out(see picture below).

I called them and they say they will change my car if I drive to their San Juan office. I was at leat 90 to 120 minutes away(Sunday Traffic) and had to be at the Airport next day by 5am for my flight back.

The other option was to find Tire Shop that sells used tires and they will deduct the price from my rental.

I had used Charlie's many years ago and might use them again. Next time if I rent from them I make sure I not only inspect the car for body damage but will also double check the tires.

2012-08-12%2B13.37.46.jpg

We will be in San Juan for about the fourth or fifth time Oct. 2. We are there on the Valor from 11am to 7pm. We wanted to rent a car to drive to El Yunque, because we love it. Is there any way we can get a car in San Juan, near the cruise port, and return it after 4pm? We know Charlie will pick you up there, but we worry that by the time we are picked up, driven to their office, get the car, and get to the rainforest it would be 1pm or later. Then to get back to turn in the car at his office by 4pm we would be rushing. Any way to get one from anyone and return after 4pm?

Thank you all for replying. Thanks for the heads up, but even here, we check the car and even there is a slightless dent, we have them write it down or we take pictures. I will still be careful though!

Terryde- since you are in port for such a short time, why don't you rent a taxi instead? Just wondering. I'm new to cruising...I am sure you have a better answer. Not sure how to solve your problem. Have you talk to him about maybe a renting by the hour after 4 PM ? I think the most you would rent it would be addtl 2 hours - correct? Hope that helps.

Thanks, Digger. We did rent from Charlie's, from 11am to 5pm. His condado office is open to 5, it is the one that does the cruise ship shuttle, so as long as you get it there by 5pm, you can get a cab back. His rate is honestly so cheap compared to others that it is worth the cab. Then we just need to get on the ship by 6pm!

• 8 months later...

Can anybody tell me where is Charlis main office? Address i had : 6050 Isla Verde Avenue

San Juan 00979

Google maps can not find. I will be at Embassy Suite after cruise and i wonder is Charlie walkable from the hotel?

Thank you.

We rented from them in March & had a good experience. They have a shuttle, pick you up at hotel or airport and will shuttle you to the ship.

I hope this link works, because I think it's too far to walk, especially if you have luggage:

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&ie=UTF-8&q=charlie's+car+rental+isla+verde&fb=1&gl=us&hq=charlie's+car+rental+isla+verde&cid=0,0,13507711465649292717&ei=qIKhUbbdKK7TigKemIHAAw&ved=0CEsQ_BIwAg

We rented from them in March & had a good experience. They have a shuttle, pick you up at hotel or airport and will shuttle you to the ship.

I hope this link works, because I think it's too far to walk, especially if you have luggage:

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&ie=UTF-8&q=charlie's+car+rental+isla+verde&fb=1&gl=us&hq=charlie's+car+rental+isla+verde&cid=0,0,13507711465649292717&ei=qIKhUbbdKK7TigKemIHAAw&ved=0CEsQ_BIwAg

Thank you for the help and info about Charlie.

I found the same, but what is confusing me is that in my reservation i have different address than ths location.:confused:

Thank you for the help and info about Charlie.

I found the same, but what is confusing me is that in my reservation i have different address than ths location.:confused:

It may not be the exact location noted on the map but it is very close to that marker. I remember that the front parking lot was on the main road & the building was also very close to the road. There was really not room for more than a few cars to park out front so the building that is actually marked on that map looks like it could be the gas station a little further down the road by a block or two. Hope that helps! :D

Archived