Cave Tubing w/Older Parents

Griswolds

We are cave tubing in January with my parents and teenagers. My parents were very excited until they relized there was about a mile "hike" to the river. They are in good shape and can walk the flea market like noone's business, but they are a little worried about the walk through the rainforest. I have read that they will slow the pace of the walk and that it shouldnt be a problem but was just hoping someone who has done this can tell me exactly how difficult and how far the walk is. Also, if anyone has gone in January and can tell me how cold the water would be that would be great too. On the website its described as "refreshing". To me that translates as "freezing cold but you'll get over it". THANKS

The "hike" was more like a walk in the forest. It was not difficult. There were two spots where you had to wade through the water, and there was a rope to hold onto. The water was just past my hips in one spot, not as deep in the other (I'm 5'3 for a reference point). The depth of course would depend on the amount of rain they have had recently. It was raining the day we went so in some places where it was muddy, it was a little slippery for me, but I just slowed down when I felt the need to.

When we went, there was an older couple in our group tour (I'm guessing maybe 70's) and one of them walked with a cane. They take their time and wait on everyone. Most companies will carry you tubes if needed too.

We had our 3 year old with us and even though she walked the entire time, she was a little slow. They won't leave anyone behind. At least the tour we did with .bz didn't. They were wonderful. :)

Most is flat land too. There was a spot that you walk down some steps in the cave like area and back up, but I don't think it was too bad. Most was just walking in the rain forest/jungle type flat terrain. There is the river that you have to cross (which is exactly were you end up at after the tour is over and get out of the water). There is a rope that you hang on to in order to cross and you are crossing over rocks. They will help you if needed.

Archived