The Breakaway will finally come into view~!

Zimomiller

This Sunday 8/12, Meyer Werft will float out the Celebrity Reflection from building dock II, (hall 6).

That means that the Norwegian Breakaway will be the focus of the building dock cam for the remainder of her construction.

If they are consistent with past float outs, they will float the Breakaway (which is currently under construction ) further down the building dock in the near future.

You can see part of the Breakaway currently at the far left of the webcam viewed in the bottum of the link below:

http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=2&subs=0&did=826

I remember stalking the Epic just a couple short years ago. Seeing others stalk the Breakway is fun. :)

Me too, it was very interesting seeing the Epic being put together. The Breakaway is a bit more difficult since Meyer Werft builds their ships indoors so we're not getting as many pictures and updates. That's okay though, very happy that Meyer is the yard NCL picked to built the new twins!

Great pic! Thanks.

Very different view than we have seen to date.

Love the cascading design of the aft facing cabins as opposed to the box end on the Jewel class and Epic.

I wonder if they will start assembling the Getaway behind the Breakaway once they move her down the dock?

Great pic! Thanks.

Very different view than we have seen to date.

Love the cascading design of the aft facing cabins as opposed to the box end on the Jewel class and Epic.

I wonder if they will start assembling the Getaway behind the Breakaway once they move her down the dock?

I don't really mind the Jewel class' stern, the ducktail gives it a more balanced look; and even though I don't like the perfect square/rectangle box stern of the Epic, I find it the best looking when viewed from the back. The Epic also has a very nicely integrated ducktail too.

I think RCI has taken the ugly stern profile crown with Sunshine though.

Sunshine.jpg

Yikes!:eek:

Is that sexy lips as bow design? I could kiss them!

Umm....I think you are looking at the wrong ship. The lips are on the Aida ship - also being built at that ship yard but in a different building.

The Breakaway is in the bottom picture (Hall 6) in the lower left corner. Most of the photo is of the Celebrity ship - which is about to be floated out! ;)

I booked us into deck 14 aft balcony, and counting the decks, very top level is 14. I can't believe we're going to be so high up. I'm so excited!

My only concern would be a very dark balcony on the top 14th level, as the overhang is completely covering the balcony. This aft shape is very similar to Royal Caribbean Voyager class ships except for steel superstructure breakaway does not have.

Archived