Muster drill time for a late sailing

Gidday all!

Our family are new to RCI and I am a serious over planner.

Just wondering around what time is the muster drill likely to be on an 11pm sail away?

I have had a look through the RCI threads and can find information for afternoon and mid evening sailings but nothing for a late sailing.

It appears that the muster drill is often within a half hour of sail away, anyone experienced the late sail away?

Thanking you in advance.

God bless you all:)

TraceyG

I'll be watching this thread as I'm on an 11pm sail away too. Hopefully it's not too late otherwise my 5 year old will be fast asleep and I wouldn't want to leave him asleep alone in the cabin.

Unless the Captain tells you directly that your 5 year old child is exempt plan on him/her attending the muster the drill.

Since the Costa tragedy Cruise lines have really clamped down on those not attending the muster drills. Announcements will be made that anyone NOT attending the muster drill will be asked to immediately leave the ship. No refunds will be given. In case you're wondering if this is only a left just search the forum. Several cruises have already cut people loose for not attending the muster drill.

Thank you jlmolner for the information regarding your experience with a late sail away. Heck, being awake that late may be an issue for me. All cool, now I can ensure the whanau (family) be prepared for a longer day. Kids will likely be too excited for bed anyways...;)

Thank you also BillOh and debitoo (like the kitty) for your fine welcome into the ranks of the over planners. I reckon that phrase just sounds much nicer than control freak, kids prefer the latter phrase...:o

Anyone else who has had experience with a late sail away, please offer some feed back as I know there are a lot of new RCI cruisers this year in the ANZAC region due to the Voyager of the Seas doing her first run in the Tasman in the 2012/2013 season.

God bless you all:)

TraceyG

It's been a while, but other than two 3 day cruises, I have only sailed out of San Juan in the past (love those 5 port itineraries) with 10:30 sail away times. If I remember correctly, they would run the muster drill around 5:30 or 6:00PM. They used to have a single open dinner seating starting at 7:00Pm and the muster would be over before then. My last cruise on RCCL from San Juan was on the Adventure in 2005. I did a Carnival ship from there with the same departure time in 2007 and they ran the muster at the same time. It may have changed by now though.

Neda

Archived