Storing suitcases under bed in cabin

braz88

To save time the last day, pull out one of your suitcases every few days and toss dirty clothes in.

We do the exact same thing. We bring a drawstring garbage bag and put all of our dirty clothes into it. We put it into one of the large suitcases under the bed. It keeps the dirty laundery out of sight and all in one spot. In addition, when we arrive home, I can just deposit the laundry bag directly to my laundry room.

My DH and I each bring one large suitcase and they both, plus our small roll-on suitcase for our pop and water, all fit under the bed.

:)

I have a large suitcase that fit fine under the bed. It is the kid that zips in the middle (hard plastic) so I actually just unzipped it and slid it under and got my clothes out each day instead of unpacking and using the closet shelves. Worked great.

Yep, they will fit easily. I keep my drawstring laundry bag in the closet and just throw soiled clothes in as we go. Then squash it into whichever suitcase it will fit into on the last day. I pity the poor soul that steals that one.. lol We usually carry one large suitcase each on a week long cruise. Usually I have one whole suitcase for shoes, clean clothes, purchased items, etc. Soiled clothes take up much less room than clean, neatly ironed items. :D We always drive to the port, so I can take anything I want.. :rolleyes:

We always store our suitcases under the bed. And we have big sturdy locks to put any items in these suitcases that don't fit in the safe.

If it has a zipper it can be defeated with a simple ball point pen.

To save time the last day, pull out one of your suitcases every few days and toss dirty clothes in.

Excellent idea, I never thought of that. I generally set aside a shelf in the closet or somewhere for the dirty clothes. Duh, one of the suitcases under the bed is a much better spot.

Thanks for the tip!

Kevin C

Just throwing this out there. I read somewhere not to put suitcases under the bed because that is an easy way to get bedbugs....... So I never put them there.

If they are bedbugs why are they on the floor wouldnt that make them floor bugs:D

Just throwing this out there. I read somewhere not to put suitcases under the bed because that is an easy way to get bedbugs....... So I never put them there.

Bed bugs are pesky and really get around, if they are in the room, it doesn't much matter where you store your bags, you'll be taking some home. If you are really worried, bring along some large garbage bags to wrap and tie around your luggage before you put it under the bed. IF (heaven forbid) you discover them in your room take lots of precautions when you get home. Bag your luggage when you get home before you even enter the house. Also bag the cloths you are wearing as soon as you get through the door (include your shoes, everything, if you have kids also teddies and toys) than look into ways to treat for them.

My Mom's neighbor had them and sure enough they found their way into her house. So trust me an ounce of prevention truely is worth a pound of cure when it comes to these bugs!

you will get them from the bed most likely anyway.

Sailed the Legend this past July. One of our bags did NOT fit under the bed. This was an inconvenience because we had to keep this large suitcase in a closet where it took up valuable space! I measured for you. Bag was 11 inches high at the base. Had 'hard' base which could not be compressed down. I suppose we could have physically lifted the bed to shove the suitcase under, but I didn't have the strength to do so. My daughters suitcase was larger overall with a soft, compressible base. Her bag DID slide under the bed frame with ease.

Sailed the Legend this past July. One of our bags did NOT fit under the bed. This was an inconvenience because we had to keep this large suitcase in a closet where it took up valuable space! I measured for you. Bag was 11 inches high at the base. Had 'hard' base which could not be compressed down. I suppose we could have physically lifted the bed to shove the suitcase under, but I didn't have the strength to do so. My daughters suitcase was larger overall with a soft, compressible base. Her bag DID slide under the bed frame with ease.

Some large bags will fit if opened up. We have lifted the bed once or twice to get one under the bed. The beds are suprisingly lightweight. The frame has an edge that protrudes an inch or two lower than the frame. The end of the bedframe usually doesn't have this edge.

Some large bags will fit if opened up. We have lifted the bed once or twice to get one under the bed. The beds are suprisingly lightweight. The frame has an edge that protrudes an inch or two lower than the frame. The end of the bedframe usually doesn't have this edge.

Agree... I should have specified that one of our beds was only accessible from the foot of the bed as it was mere inches from the wall and the bed next to it. It was this 'inaccessible' bed that the suitcase could not slide under.

We always put our luggage under the bed. When we change clothes, we put the dirty ones rolled up in one suitcase. When that one is full, we switch to another one. The clothes seem to take up less space if everything is rolled up instead of just thrown in. We also keep a Bounce fabric softener sheet in each case to eliminate odors. When we get home, we put a new Bounce sheet in them before we store them.

Is there room under the bed to store our suitcases? If so what size would fit ?

Plenty of room. We have suitcases that are bigger than any of our fellow passengers use (luggage envy), and they fit perfectly.

Four Carnival cruises under our belt, all with the same luggage. Three times it fit, one it did not. On the did not - we had plenty of closet space to store it in there. We put the carry on pieces inside the larger pieces to take up less space.

Is there room under the bed to store our suitcases? If so what size would fit ?

Archived