Carnival vs Holland vs Costa

santa fe

This will be only my third cruise

1- Costa Fortuna Carabean march 2009 I was impressed, good food, good service etc...

2- Rotterdam transatlantic 15 days November 2011, i think HAL will be my preferred cruise line for its itinaries, nice ships, good service,size of ship, and quiet old people:)

...now Carnaval Destiny, (not book yet)for a transat , 18 days in february, anyone could comment on how we coul compare HAL with Carnival.

We enjoy the destiny, love the aft wrap (think 9c) cabin.

A little glitzy, shes the only one in her class, and I can not WAIT for her to become Sunshine... For Carnival, we really like her.

But we book HAL for a premium upscape romantic traditional experience. They are very different.

One bag wonders on Carnival. On HAL we pack what we need to participate in formal nights.

We tend to want to spend more on HAL, as we choose HAL for our "special" cruises.

On Carnival, we are more budget minded.

i've sailed all 3 lines, multiple times. they are all more similar than different.

hal - bigger cabins, especially non-suites. best feature of the hal 'regular cabins' is the sitting area. slightly more elegant shipboard experience. hal used to have more personalized service than the other two lines but that is no longer the case. older demographic on hal (i happen to like that, btw).

costa - very interesting itineraries and an international flavor. good food and service.

carnival - big ships and a much younger crowd than hal or costa. lively (loud) entertainment. mainly shorter cruises offerred. best for families, IMHO.

food is subjective, but i have never went hungry on any of the three lines.

This will be only my third cruise

1- Costa Fortuna Carabean march 2009 I was impressed, good food, good service etc...

2- Rotterdam transatlantic 15 days November 2011, i think HAL will be my preferred cruise line for its itinaries, nice ships, good service,size of ship, and quiet old people:)

...now Carnaval Destiny, (not book yet)for a transat , 18 days in february, anyone could comment on how we coul compare HAL with Carnival.

We have sailed HAL and Costa 6 or more times each and really like them both, only did Carnival once 25 years ago and didn't like it, but that was a long time ago, we are also Diamond on RCCL

That is like comparing apples and oranges. There is a big difference we have found between HAL and Carnival. We have tried Carnival multiple times as you can see from my signature, and the last 3 have been terrible. We enjoy HAL for the food and service. Food was good on Carnival but service left something to be desired unless you were ordering drinks, they were right there for that. JMHO

Archived