anyone cruise with Disney while pregnant??

Pshkbb

We have a two year old (who will be two and a half at the time we are looking at taking a cruise) and I am currently pregnant. I just noticed the literature says they don't allow women who are more than 24 weeks pregnant on their cruises - has anyone else seen this? Did anyone else travel on a Disney ship when they were further along in their pregnancy?

I can't see how they would know how far along I am. When I was pregnant with my son I went on a Royal Carib. ship when I was 22 weeks and saw plenty of women who were MUCH farther along than I was.

any thoughts? I need to pay for this trip by midnight tonight!

HELP!

Congratulations on your pregnancy. :)

The cruise lines ALL have rules about how far along a pregnant woman can be and be allowed to board. The lines differ on the cut-off point, which is why you may have seen more pregnant-looking women on RCCL. DCL's cut off point is 24 weeks, as you stated. If you have entered your 24th week you are not allowed to sail. On RCCL, they will not allow you to sail if you will reach your 27th week at any time during the sailing.

This is done for your safety. Cruise line medical centers are NOT equipped to deal with premature births, and who really wants to risk a child's life when you're in the middle of the ocean and nowhere near a qualified medical facility?

Many cruise lines require medical documentation for women who are pregnant stating their week of pregnancy at the time of boarding.

If you "look" pregnant and don't have a medical release form, you most definitely can be denied boarding.

Do some women ignore the rules and sail anyway? I'm sure they do. But you're taking a huge risk, both in possibly being denied boarding, and even worse, having a medical problem while onboard the ship.

I sailed on Disney when pregnant, but I was only 12 weeks along. I did let them know how pregnant I would be at time of sailing, but they never asked for anything else from me. I'm not much help, I know, because no one could tell I was expecting yet. Congratulations on baby #2!

Cancel your trip. Just not worth the risk. I had to cancel my long anticipated (and booked a year in advance) cruise last year b/c I would have been 25 weeks at time of travel. I hated to cancel it, but I felt it was best for the baby - just in case something went wrong.

Archived