Royal Palms Beach Cabana

Ramrac

I just reserved our beach cabana at the Royal Palms? Has anyone else rented one before?

I have it reserved for 09/13/2012.. I am so interested in someone who has already done this.. If not repsonse by time I go when I get back, I will let you know Ramrac how it is..

I have it reserved for 09/13/2012.. I am so interested in someone who has already done this.. If not repsonse by time I go when I get back, I will let you know Ramrac how it is..

Sounds good thanks!

I just booked a beach cabana and pool cabana for our group in November. Looking forward to hearing how it is...service (decent or slow?), etc. We have 7 adults and 2 kids. I know the pool is adult only so hoping there will be enough for the kids with the ocean activities!

Also, it does say $50, but curious for anyone who has booked these before, is that $50 Cayman dollars?

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned 09/16/2012 from Carnival Conquest!! We went to Royal Palms beach club where we had reserved Cabana 1 ($50)... this was the most amazing part of the entire trip!! Jose was our waiter and he took excellent care of us. By reservering the cabana you have to spend $50 in food purchases.. Believe me that is not hard to do.. US dollar only 80cents to their dollar.. our tab for all was 154.00 in Cayman but in US dollar 199.00.. I had prepared for this after reading alot about the Caymans on CC.. but this was an amazing experience and I would do again in a heartbeat.. the cabanas around the pool are free but you have to spend the 50 on food... There were three of us and by the time we rented chairs and umbrella it would have been the same price.. we had the table with chairs and we had beach chairs in front.. the staff made sure no one took our lounge chairs.. Beware of taxi ride to Royal Palms. We got a driver who got into an aurgement with us that RP didnt have any cabanas and he wanted to take us to another beach.. I told him I had reseverations and when he passed it .. I told him to take us back.. he was not happy and continued to argue with us but he did turn around and take us.. we were on a van load of tourist going differant places.. but RP is the closest and is $4 per person.. so I think cause it was the cheapest he wanted to take us farther... so just an FYI about that.. when we got to resort we told the security guard what he did and he took his name and was going to report him becuase he said that was against Cayman law for him to do that.. Now on the other hand , our friends came in another taxi and their driver recommended RP... so go fiqure... sorry for the long post but if anyone has any questions I will be glad to try to answer... I am waiting to get to go back..

100_3739.jpg.db4e33b0117475db1824ecb0c09ffe56.jpg

100_3788.jpg.e057e6ec46b1661fcf4a104eba070747.jpg

100_3777.jpg.ea82239fd0e466598f5a67dfb7ef03ea.jpg

100_3810.jpg.3df32e1728e31161191bfa996ac1a572.jpg

100_3807.jpg.538602db9e4035443fb2703f12ac53ee.jpg

Just returned 09/16/2012 from Carnival Conquest!! We went to Royal Palms beach club where we had reserved Cabana 1 ($50)... this was the most amazing part of the entire trip!! Jose was our waiter and he took excellent care of us. By reservering the cabana you have to spend $50 in food purchases.. Believe me that is not hard to do.. US dollar only 80cents to their dollar.. our tab for all was 154.00 in Cayman but in US dollar 199.00.. I had prepared for this after reading alot about the Caymans on CC.. but this was an amazing experience and I would do again in a heartbeat.. the cabanas around the pool are free but you have to spend the 50 on food... There were three of us and by the time we rented chairs and umbrella it would have been the same price.. we had the table with chairs and we had beach chairs in front.. the staff made sure no one took our lounge chairs.. Beware of taxi ride to Royal Palms. We got a driver who got into an aurgement with us that RP didnt have any cabanas and he wanted to take us to another beach.. I told him I had reseverations and when he passed it .. I told him to take us back.. he was not happy and continued to argue with us but he did turn around and take us.. we were on a van load of tourist going differant places.. but RP is the closest and is $4 per person.. so I think cause it was the cheapest he wanted to take us farther... so just an FYI about that.. when we got to resort we told the security guard what he did and he took his name and was going to report him becuase he said that was against Cayman law for him to do that.. Now on the other hand , our friends came in another taxi and their driver recommended RP... so go fiqure... sorry for the long post but if anyone has any questions I will be glad to try to answer... I am waiting to get to go back..

I have been patiently waiting for you to come back and give your review:D Thank you so much for doing this!!! And with pictures, you are awesome! What did you guys order to eat and was it good? I have been reading mixed reviews about the food. For our cruise this port is the one I am looking forward to the most. Was service slow/hard to find a waiter when you needed something? Were you guys given 4 loungers or did you have to ask? There will be three of us, me, DH and DS(6), so I hope we will have at least 3 loungers. How far away were the water activities(float, jet ski, parasailing rentals)?

Sorry so many questions, just like being prepared. I may have more later:o

MSgirl cruiser,

Do you know if you need to reserve to be in RP beach area? I just want to go to the beach and maybe buy some drinks. dont need the Cabana.

No, you dont have to have reservations. There is $2 entry fee they charge to do beach and drinks. For the fee you get to use their restrooms and changing rooms. I know this is a public beach and there is somewhere to go on the beach w/o the fee. but the fact to have use of a restroom was important to us. Just tell your taxi/van driver you want to go to Royal Palms.

India

I have been patiently waiting for you to come back and give your review:D Thank you so much for doing this!!! And with pictures, you are awesome! What did you guys order to eat and was it good? I have been reading mixed reviews about the food. For our cruise this port is the one I am looking forward to the most. Was service slow/hard to find a waiter when you needed something? Were you guys given 4 loungers or did you have to ask? There will be three of us, me, DH and DS(6), so I hope we will have at least 3 loungers. How far away were the water activities(float, jet ski, parasailing rentals)?

Sorry so many questions, just like being prepared. I may have more later:o

We ordered the mushroom burgers and my husband got just the cheese burger.. it came with fries and dill pickle.. it was very good to me. I wanted the Mahi and they were out.. We also got the conch fritters and the outside was overcooked but the inside was good, but I would not get them again.

The pic of the cabana with the 4 loungers in front was exactlly how it was set up when we got there... they were still setting up everything when we got there... when someone tried to sit in the loungers when we were in the water our waiter told them they were with the cabana.. we actually had five chairs around the table... enough room to put our stuff in one of the chairs.. there were 3 of us adults..

All of the rental things were right there, surrounding you...

Our service was great... later in the day when there where a lot of people there we had to wait a few , but all we did was motion for him and he came quickly.. his name was Jose... I am sure it depends on how many ships in port that day as to how crowded it can be... there was another ship in port ...

Feel free to ask questions. I was like you, I wanted to know so much about it, because this was our big beach day and for us it was perfect, except for the driver that was rude.. but thats not their fault..

Let me add that I would get there as early as you can. We went there straight from port.. the time passed so fast.. there are restrooms and changing rooms..

India

We love stopping at the Reef Grill at Royal Palms for lunch when staying on the island. But for a full beach day look at renting a car and driving to Rum Point and enjoying that beach. Much nicer spot to relax and enjoy the water. And the Wreck Grill serves the best mudslides and an excellent grouper BLT. We love the burger at RP but the grouper and mahi is much better at Rum Point. The restrooms are very clean at Rum Point as well.

If you're planning to rent one of the the small covers or "cabanas" at RP consider spending that money (less actually) on a car rental and driving to Rum Point, you'll be so glad you did. And you get a tour of the south and north ends to boot! And Starfish Point is nearby and you can stop there and see the starfish. There is also a dolphin that likes hanging in that area and you may get a bonus.

MSgirl cruiser,

Do you know if you need to reserve to be in RP beach area? I just want to go to the beach and maybe buy some drinks. dont need the Cabana.

The beach is open to the public up to the high watermark. Above that you will be asked to rent a chair. If you eat or buy drinks you can use the restrooms of course.

I just booked a beach cabana and pool cabana for our group in November. Looking forward to hearing how it is...service (decent or slow?), etc. We have 7 adults and 2 kids. I know the pool is adult only so hoping there will be enough for the kids with the ocean activities!

Also, it does say $50, but curious for anyone who has booked these before, is that $50 Cayman dollars?

Yes, everything is in CI$.

There are no activities on the beach other than renting jet skis or a water bike (and parasailing of course). Nice beach still but a crowded spot on ship days.

We ordered the mushroom burgers and my husband got just the cheese burger.. it came with fries and dill pickle.. it was very good to me. I wanted the Mahi and they were out.. We also got the conch fritters and the outside was overcooked but the inside was good, but I would not get them again.

The pic of the cabana with the 4 loungers in front was exactlly how it was set up when we got there... they were still setting up everything when we got there... when someone tried to sit in the loungers when we were in the water our waiter told them they were with the cabana.. we actually had five chairs around the table... enough room to put our stuff in one of the chairs.. there were 3 of us adults..

All of the rental things were right there, surrounding you...

Our service was great... later in the day when there where a lot of people there we had to wait a few , but all we did was motion for him and he came quickly.. his name was Jose... I am sure it depends on how many ships in port that day as to how crowded it can be... there was another ship in port ...

Feel free to ask questions. I was like you, I wanted to know so much about it, because this was our big beach day and for us it was perfect, except for the driver that was rude.. but thats not their fault..

Let me add that I would get there as early as you can. We went there straight from port.. the time passed so fast.. there are restrooms and changing rooms..

India

I just want to say Thank You for your review! Were you in cabana 1 or 2 on the beach? Is there a big difference? Did you have a little breeze when you were under the cabana?

I just sent them an e-mail booking cabana 2, because 1 was booked already for our Nov cruise.

It will be 3 of us but DD is 31 but has Multiple Sclerosis so having shade for her will be so worth it. She loves the beach and the water, good food and good drinks!

Your info helped me make up my mind!

Thanks again!!:)

Netsy

I booked/reserved and provided credit card for $50 for a pool cabana and beach cabana../$100 total.

I just went on to their website today to check the calendar and make sure they were showing unavailable (didn't want any surprises). I noticed the following on their website now. Did the prices go up?

We now have 2 cabanas on the ocean available for rent.

The cost is $100.00US per day and we ask for a $50 minimum spend on food and/or beverages

There is a table with 4 chairs and 4 lounge chairs included. Any additional lounge chairs are $10 each.

There are 6 pool cabanas available.

The cost is $75.00 per day and we ask for a $50 minimum spend on food and/or beverages

There is seating for a maximum of 6 people as well as lounge chairs around the pool

I booked/reserved and provided credit card for $50 for a pool cabana and beach cabana../$100 total.

I just went on to their website today to check the calendar and make sure they were showing unavailable (didn't want any surprises). I noticed the following on their website now. Did the prices go up?

The cost is $100.00US per day and we ask for a $50 minimum spend on food and/or beverages

There is a table with 4 chairs and 4 lounge chairs included. Any additional lounge chairs are $10 each.

The cost is $75.00 per day and we ask for a $50 minimum spend on food and/or beverages

There is seating for a maximum of 6 people as well as lounge chairs around the pool

Maybe it was a typo? How many are in your group? I know if you have more than 5 people in your group they will charge $100 rather than $50. If that isn't the case I would reply for confirmation because the website stills says $50.

I just want to say Thank You for your review! Were you in cabana 1 or 2 on the beach? Is there a big difference? Did you have a little breeze when you were under the cabana?

I just sent them an e-mail booking cabana 2, because 1 was booked already for our Nov cruise.

It will be 3 of us but DD is 31 but has Multiple Sclerosis so having shade for her will be so worth it. She loves the beach and the water, good food and good drinks!

Netsy

We were in Cabana 1... the pics are I posted of cabana 1... the table had five chairs and 4 lounge chairs were included in the price.. the 4 in front of the cabana.. Like I said the staff made sure no one got them..

Yes there was a breeze on the beach.. because of my sister health conditions, is why we wanted to make sure we had a shade.. So, I am sure it is matter of opinion and your needs as to what is the better choice.. I would go back in a heartbeat.. We loved it..

Not sure about the price increase.. I know when we were there, friends of ours had a pool cabana and did not have to pay anything for cabana just had to spend $50 on food...

Netsy

I certainly hope this works out for you..Please let me know how it goes!! Happy cruising!!!

Maybe it was a typo? How many are in your group? I know if you have more than 5 people in your group they will charge $100 rather than $50. If that isn't the case I would reply for confirmation because the website stills says $50.

When I booked, it did say $50 for each cabana and that is what I sent through their email for credit card payment (that they bill the day we arrive).

For some odd reason, I went back to the website last night and copied that directly off the page to book. It looks like they increased the price to me.

http://royalpalmscayman.com/cruise-information/

Archived