Clearing customs in Quebec City?

MustangGT

I've done a search with no luck. We will be cruising New York City to Quebec City in a few weeks on the Emerald. Getting very excited!

Can anyone explain how/when we will clear customs?

Thanks! I can always count on my CC friends for prompt and accurate information!

Hi MustangGT. Are you a US citizen? And are you asking about your return home? My understanding is, if so, there are agreements in place at some airports(unsure whether Quebec City is one or not)where a "pre-clearance" is in place. That means a US citizen would be cleared through US Customs before boarding. If that airport doesn't have this agreement, then you would be cleared at your first point of US entrance.(ie: Detroit Metro Airport) Also Canadian Customs would be clearing the ship at every entrance port the US ship would make along its route.(the first entry being the most elaborate) Is this what you were asking?

quote=MustangGT;34886039]I've done a search with no luck. We will be cruising New York City to Quebec City in a few weeks on the Emerald. Getting very excited!

Can anyone explain how/when we will clear customs?

Thanks! I can always count on my CC friends for prompt and accurate information!

Glad I could help! Which ship/date are you cruising? We are also doing a NYC to Quebec City in October. And we leave from Detroit. Maybe we'll cross paths?;)

Thanks Sparty1 - should have given more info!

Yes, we are US citizens and will be leaving Quebec for Detroit and then home to St. Louis. I appreciate your help!

Glad I could help! Which ship/date are you cruising? We are also doing a NYC to Quebec City in October. And we leave from Detroit. Maybe we'll cross paths?;)

We will be ahead of you. On the Emerald leaving NYC on September 26th. This will be our 6th cruise - 4th with Princess. We've been to NYC, Boston and Quebec City before on land trips but the other ports will be new to us. We are down to 45 days so we are getting excited! Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

What ship will you be on? Are you from the Detroit area? My husband is from Detroit and we lived there for a few years. I miss Michigan!

We'll also be on the Emerald. Always wanted to take a fall color cruise. Never been to Nova Scotia, PEI, but have been to NYC, and Quebec City by land like you. Would love to hear back from you b4 we leave on ours, if you can? We are excited too!

We have a place in Michigan in the summer/fall. We both grew up in MI and do still love it.

Enjoy your cruise!

We will be ahead of you. On the Emerald leaving NYC on September 26th. This will be our 6th cruise - 4th with Princess. We've been to NYC, Boston and Quebec City before on land trips but the other ports will be new to us. We are down to 45 days so we are getting excited! Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

What ship will you be on? Are you from the Detroit area? My husband is from Detroit and we lived there for a few years. I miss Michigan!

Archived