What to do in Ocho Rios

Rachelleh

Hello:

Leaning toward White River tubing 2 adults w/ 3 kids 11, 10 & 6, other boards say this is great and great for kids, Frommers rates it a do not miss, but I am confused, the cruise line shows 6 hours?? what are my other options and who else does the tubing on White River, anyone know how far it is from the dock ie: travel time, will we also have time to hit the beach and is there a great beach that is safe without to many people trying to sell you something?? Thanks for any info.

Rachelle

I think the kids would enjoy the tubing trip.

Lots of stuff to do around the area. If you have not visited Dunns River falls, then that should be the 1st item. I found a great web site

that has all the things to do in the Ocho Rios

area great pictures and well written, goes into great depth with 50 pictures and some small movies. Enjoy:

http://www.virtourist.com/america/jamaica/ochorios/

Bohiem, Carnival Sensation, Fantasy, Celebration, Destiny 7/02, R.C Exployer of the Seas, 11/17/01. Carnival Pride 6/8/03 & 9/21/03

Queen Mary2 3/16/04, Victory 5/23/04..

We were with A - Z Jamaica Planners in Sept. - 9 adults - we did the Falls, sightseeing, river tubing, lunch and some of us went parasailing. Best planned out day of the cruise. Belinda and A-Z are top notch folks.

Peggy

A-Z Planners Saved the Day!

icon_cool.gifLast week we had Dunns Rivers Falls, and River Tubing booked with A-Z Planners. We were so looking forward to it, but our ship could not dock in OCHO RIOS due to rough conditions. Our ship headed for Montego Bay, and arrived there at noon.

When we found out the change in our itinery I quickly emailed Belinda, and she arranged for Reyn to meet us in Montego Bay. Thanks to her quick action, we were able to salvage the day.

Reyn, a wonderful guide took us to Fairfeild Falls, and it was absolutely wonderful. My children (8&12) thought it was the best day. We climbed the falls, swam in the river, and enjoyed the scenery, while Dennis our great personable guide, directed us safely through the river.

Karen

Archived