Celebrity Reflection Undocking Live Chat - Aug 12, 2012 - Wish We Werft There !

Andy

Host Andy did you get much sleep? It took me awhile to go back to sleep but it was worth it! Thanks again...

Not as much as I would have hoped - about 3 hours. Was so exciting to see Reflection's debut. Glad you enjoyed. We all had a great time.... well worth being tired today :)

here's a 5 minute film of the float out found on YT.

Thank you so much for sharing this! I stayed up to watch the float out and was really excited to witness it. The video to music is beautiful, however!

Peg

Here is my favorite YouTube video. The entire float out in just 1-1/2 minutes!

Great video Boogs. Thanks for pointing it out !

Am I the only one who thinks that shower looks like a bird cage which has just been stuck on?

No, you are not. The protruding shower and the open balcony area in place of the smooth flowing glass surfaces as on her sisters ruin the sleek appearance that the other S-class ships have. From an aesthetic perspective, it is not very pleasing to the eye.

Float out of Celebrity Reflection

Fifth ship for Celebrity Cruises to leave the building dock

Celebrity Reflection berthed in Yard Harbour

On early Sunday morning of 12 August the Celebrity Reflection, the new cruise ship for the US cruise company Celebrity Cruises (Miami), will be floated out of the covered building dock II of MEYER WERFT, assisted by tugs. The float-out will start around 7.30 a.m. By 9 a.m. the ship will be berthed at the pier. Then a crane will put the signal mast in place, which will be installed in the following. Several tests and trials will take place on board all day. In the evening the two funnels are supposed to be mounted.

are already mounted the chimneys?

With the past S-Class ships, they were always added the same day or next day, so it's probably completed by now.

Hi Everyone,

FYI - Cruise Critic posted an article on Reflection's undocking, featuring an excellent video of the day's events, posted by Meyer-Werft.

Click HERE for the article. Enjoy !

I just found this. Please forgive if it has already been posted. :)

Wonderful find! The first 30 seconds are the best showing them lifting the small tug to a position in front of the bow and an amazing shot of the ship inside the builders shed just prior to float out.

I was very, very disappointed in MeyerWerft not showing ANY high def pictures of the ship in the last FIVE months like they did with the previous four Solstice-class. You would think they would be more proud of their last work (for sometime) for Celebrity Cruises. :confused:

Will the outside cam be turned on again any time soon? Will we be able to see the Ems conveyance? Any chance of seeing her during the Sept. 8th Papenburg Festival?

Don't know about the outside webcam - it may be a problem that they are hopefully working on. Typically, a conveyance is a big event in the area, with railroad bridges needing to be removed, road bridges raised, and all non-essential water traffic stopped. I expect it to be well covered. As to the festival, Reflection will be the backdrop for the festival, so it will be hard to miss her. See this post for previous festivals with S-class ships as the backdrop:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33585661&postcount=186

Don't know about the outside webcam - it may be a problem that they are hopefully working on. Typically, a conveyance is a big event in the area, with railroad bridges needing to be removed, road bridges raised, and all non-essential water traffic stopped. I expect it to be well covered. As to the festival, Reflection will be the backdrop for the festival, so it will be hard to miss her. See this post for previous festivals with S-class ships as the backdrop:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33585661&postcount=186

Thanks boogs, also found this site with some pics of Reflection. First nighttime photo i've seen!

http://www.schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de/live-bilder-und-webcam-ausdocken-der-celebrity-reflection-aus-der-meyer-werft/

Thanks boogs, also found this site with some pics of Reflection. First nighttime photo i've seen!

http://www.schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de/live-bilder-und-webcam-ausdocken-der-celebrity-reflection-aus-der-meyer-werft/

Thanks for this link! There are some views of Reflection that haven't been seen anywhere else that I'm aware of. Specifically, the drydock photos before it was flooded and she was floated out. Rare views of the azipods (I'm surprised there are only two!) and the bow thrusters. http://www.schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de/celebrity-reflection-vor-dem-ausdocken-im-trockendock-der-meyer-werft-bildergalerie/

Those of us who watched the float out are well aware of how long the process took, especially when the ship was finally moving. It seemed that at one point it stopped and was actually pulled back in slightly. Out of curiosity, I contacted Günther Kolbe, Public Relations Officer at MeyerWerft via their contact email address and asked two questions: how much room did they have between the ship and the drydock sides, and if everything went well without problems. The next morning I received this answer:

Hi,

No everything went well and without problems. Sometimes weather and especially wind can force us to slow down a bit. That's all. The ship is 37,4 m and the dock is 45,0 m.

Best Regards,

MEYER WERFT

Kudos to MeyerWerft public relations department for their quick reply.

Those of us who watched the float out are well aware of how long the process took, especially when the ship was finally moving. It seemed that at one point it stopped and was actually pulled back in slightly. Out of curiosity, I contacted Günther Kolbe, Public Relations Officer at MeyerWerft via their contact email address and asked two questions: how much room did they have between the ship and the drydock sides, and if everything went well without problems. The next morning I received this answer:

Hi,

No everything went well and without problems. Sometimes weather and especially wind can force us to slow down a bit. That's all. The ship is 37,4 m and the dock is 45,0 m.

Best Regards,

MEYER WERFT

Kudos to MeyerWerft public relations department for their quick reply.

Very nice of them to reply! Not much wiggle room!:eek:

Will the outside cam be turned on again any time soon? Will we be able to see the Ems conveyance? Any chance of seeing her during the Sept. 8th Papenburg Festival?

Hi Travellink,

I will ask around, and see if I can find out anything. Stay Tuned.

Archived