Car Rental ???

momt22

We will be in Aruba on Jan 10th and plan on renting a car to see the island, stop at a few beaches and take in the sights. I would prefer to rent from a reputable car agency that we could either walk to from the port or be shuttled to. Can anyone tell me what our options might be? I have looked at maps online and it appears Aruba is small enough that we could see most of it by car and still enjoy some time on the beaches.

http://www.arubarentcar.com/content/category/1/1/2/ Within walking distance at the Renaissance Marina tower

HOWEVER, just remember that all U.S. "big name" car rental agencies are franchises in Aruba. You will not have the backing of corporate if there are issues. :(

From my years on this forum as well as others, unfortunately there are no sure guarantees on car rental agencies.

In 21 trips to Aruba we have had experiences which run the gamut.

We had had okay experiences with Hertz up until this past June, but due to various issues with two separate rentals, on two separate days, will never use them again.

We had issues with Avis when they would not honor the rate on a reservation.

We had used Royal numerous times until their vehicles became a bit run down and tired. This past June we saw they had acquired many new vehicles. Are ALL of their vehicles new? I do not know.

We have used Amigo in the past with excellent vehicles and service. I have "read" some people who have been unhappy with the vehicles they have rented from them. Can I recommend with confidence based upon hearsay? I do not know. They will come to the terminal and pick you up, bring you back to your office to fill out the paperwork.

Dare I say this is all a crap shoot? Perhaps read through the forum and take a tally on bad experiences vs. good experiences? Sorry I could not be of more help but do not want to recommend a company only to have them not meet your expectations.

Best company to rent a jeep fom for a day in port?

Archived