Ill Passenger on STAR July 29-August 05

Countrygirl44

DH and I were on this sailing. A gentleman became ill and it was necessary for us to arrive Victoria at 3:00 p.m. instead of 7:00p.m. for him to be removed from the ship to the hospital. Does anyone know if he has recovered?

it is almost impossible to find out the details of this passenger unless you know him personally. The ship maintains confidentiality.

I hope he is okay, and it is nice that you are concerned.

I am sure he will get taken care of.

Vickie

Countrygirl44,

Where do you live in the mountains of SW Virginia?

My older brother lives in Pennington Gap (for over 40 years) and my younger brother lives in Dryden (for about 15 years). My parents lived in Dryden from 2001 until they both died (mother in 2005 and father early this year).

Dru in Fredericksburg

Countrygirl44,

Where do you live in the mountains of SW Virginia?

My older brother lives in Pennington Gap (for over 40 years) and my younger brother lives in Dryden (for about 15 years). My parents lived in Dryden from 2001 until they both died (mother in 2005 and father early this year).

Dru in Fredericksburg

We live in Tazewell County, about ten miles from the West Virginia State Line in a small community called Springville. We are probably about a couple of hours from Dryden. I love the mountains and am not sure I could live anywhere else. I love vacations, especially cruising, however, I am always ready to come home to my mountains.

DH and I were on this sailing. A gentleman became ill and it was necessary for us to arrive Victoria at 3:00 p.m. instead of 7:00p.m. for him to be removed from the ship to the hospital. Does anyone know if he has recovered?

When my DW and I were on a Mexican Rivera cruise, en route to PV we were forced to detour to Cabo to unload 2 passengers who were became ill. We never were told, but we ran into some of their friends and they were waiting to get to PV to find out. Never did find out.

We live in Tazewell County, about ten miles from the West Virginia State Line in a small community called Springville. We are probably about a couple of hours from Dryden. I love the mountains and am not sure I could live anywhere else. I love vacations, especially cruising, however, I am always ready to come home to my mountains.

After my own heart! Born in western MD, lived most of my life in East TN, and spent a lot of time in western VA and WV. In fact, many trips to Mingo County WV, and you know that story, I am certain. Once saw a sign there "Hatfield Dentistry" and laughed at the thought of a desperate McCoy with an impacted tooth. :D

All my cruises thusfar have included much mountain and little beach. Go to Alaska. For a mountain person it is heaven.

Oops, a little off topic. Sorry. Homesick in Cincinnati.

Doug

After my own heart! Born in western MD, lived most of my life in East TN, and spent a lot of time in western VA and WV. In fact, many trips to Mingo County WV, and you know that story, I am certain. Once saw a sign there "Hatfield Dentistry" and laughed at the thought of a desperate McCoy with an impacted tooth. :D

All my cruises thusfar have included much mountain and little beach. Go to Alaska. For a mountain person it is heaven.

Oops, a little off topic. Sorry. Homesick in Cincinnati.

Doug

Yes, I know the stories of Mingo County, The Hatfield and McCoys, The Matewan Massacre, The shooting on the steps of the courthouse in Welch WV (McDowell County)...the things movies are made of.

Make a trip back this way in about six weeks, when the fall leaves are ablaze with color on a warm sunny afternoon. Bring a 4-wheeler and ride the Hatfield/McCoy trail in McDowell County.

Yes, it may be a little off topic, but we invite anyone that wants a look at the beautiful mountains and trees to come to Southwest Virginia and Southern West Virginia.

Archived