I'm a little annoyed

referee

Can someone please explain this to me. I was led to believe that RCCL was no longer sending out baggage tags unless you were in a suite or pinnacle. So, I printed out my luggage tags for our upcoming cruise and ordered clear plastic tag holders online, and what shows up in yesterday's mail? RCCL luggage tags...What gives???

Can someone please explain this to me. I was led to believe that RCCL was no longer sending out baggage tags unless you were in a suite or pinnacle. So, I printed out my luggage tags for our upcoming cruise and ordered clear plastic tag holders online, and what shows up in yesterday's mail? RCCL luggage tags...What gives???

Recently ordered tags will be mailed. Your clear luggage tags will give you plenty of use in the future because you won't get tags mailed to you again.

Gina

If this is what annoys you today, count yourself lucky :rolleyes:

You just snuck in under the wire as far as the cut-off date went.

What was annoying was how they introduced this. And a little confusing too.

Now with all the extra luggage tags you have, you can bring more luggage on your cruise. :D

Enjoy!

OMG!!!! They sent me luggage tags!!! Oh the pain!!!! AAArrrggghhh!!!!!

I bet you sure hate the food at the buffet too....

:confused::confused::eek:

Yeah, that's what I thought - - that wasn't really necessary.

The truth is, I have two cruises booked with RCI and haven't heard a WORD (except here on CC) from them about luggage tags. I guess when I do final payment in a week or so, they'll tell me???

Yeah, that's what I thought - - that wasn't really necessary.

The truth is, I have two cruises booked with RCI and haven't heard a WORD (except here on CC) from them about luggage tags. I guess when I do final payment in a week or so, they'll tell me???

I am not sure that RCI will let you know. We are sailing Oct 21 and have not heard a word from the cruiseline about luggage tags although I got several emails from them regarding getting ready this cruise.

I get my info from these boards.

The information on the bag tags shows up in your e-docs which typically are ready about 30 days or so before sailing. I really don't expect anyone to get any more notification from them than that...

My first clue that something had changed was when I saw that my docs were "issued" but when I went into them the "luggage tags" button was gone. I called Royal and they said that tags were no longer being mailed.

So I bought the holders and will print out my own. No big deal. I did see though that if you go into "view docs" and then hit the PDF button on the bottom right side of the page, the luggage tag is quite a bit bigger/wider than if you just scroll through the docs after you hit the "view docs" button. So I will print my tags that way as they are wider and not move around in the tag holder as much

They are still sending them in the uk, clicked the "send tags" button today and got confirmation that they are on their way:) Must say I'm not that fussy either way, got an upgrade on our cruise last month and the baggage handlers completed and attached new tags, don't see the problem.

My first clue that something had changed was when I saw that my docs were "issued" but when I went into them the "luggage tags" button was gone. I called Royal and they said that tags were no longer being mailed.

So I bought the holders and will print out my own. No big deal. I did see though that if you go into "view docs" and then hit the PDF button on the bottom right side of the page, the luggage tag is quite a bit bigger/wider than if you just scroll through the docs after you hit the "view docs" button. So I will print my tags that way as they are wider and not move around in the tag holder as much

Ok, I will say what annoys me. I just went to my documents which were just issued today. ON the page where the luggage tags are, there is just one tag and two semi blank spaces (just the outline and text that says fold here). So now in an effort to save money, Royal is making me waste paper and ink to print out blank information.

I agree it is not something that is going to ruin my vacation, but it is a slight annoyance.

Where did you order the tag holders from? I was looking arround the internet and couldn't find any.

Thanks

Where did you order the tag holders from? I was looking arround the internet and couldn't find any.

Thanks

Now that they're not providing the sticky tags, maybe they can add one of these tag holders as an emerald benefit (since I turn emerald after next cruise...lol. Not to mention there is no real difference between platinum or emerald except to make it a few more cruises to get to diamond). Or maybe they'll have some Royal Caribbean branded ones for giveaways at trivia :) Wishful thinking, I'm sure.

Hi, referee, the new program went into effect August 8, so yours were probably already "in process."

I'm sure your fabulous cruise will soothe your annoyance. Bon voyage! :)

Good point. Thats the first time I've seen that brought up here.

Archived