Fascination Suite Questions

cruisebie

We are sailing on the Fascination in September and will be in a Grand Suite with extended balcony. My DD (26) is going with me and as a surprise I upgraded us from the balcony cabin we were booked in to the suite. Her birthday is soon after we get back from the cruise, so I was planning to celebrate on the ship. Hopefully, I will be able to keep the secret until we walk into the cabin!:D

Anyway, here are my questions:

I know you get VIP embarkation with the suite. Do you also get VIP disembark? And if so, does that extend to VIP self disembark? We have a long drive back home and would want to get on the road as soon as we could.

The info listing the cabin amenities on the Carnival site says that there is an unstocked refrigerator. Is this accurate? I have only seen mini-bar type situations on other ships in the past. If so, that is great, more room for the water & sodas I will be bringing.

Can you still order the birthday decorations from Bon Voyage? I'm only seeing Congratulations and Mis Quince on the website. I could get my own and take them, but was hoping to have them up in the room before we get there.

Thanks for any help you can give. If you can give any additional info on this kind of cabin or the Fascination in general, please feel free to chime in. This is our first time on a Fantasy class ship and I am really looking forward to it!:)

We are sailing on the Fascination in September and will be in a Grand Suite with extended balcony. My DD (26) is going with me and as a surprise I upgraded us from the balcony cabin we were booked in to the suite. Her birthday is soon after we get back from the cruise, so I was planning to celebrate on the ship. Hopefully, I will be able to keep the secret until we walk into the cabin!:D

Anyway, here are my questions:

I know you get VIP embarkation with the suite. Do you also get VIP disembark? And if so, does that extend to VIP self disembark? We have a long drive back home and would want to get on the road as soon as we could.

The info listing the cabin amenities on the Carnival site says that there is an unstocked refrigerator. Is this accurate? I have only seen mini-bar type situations on other ships in the past. If so, that is great, more room for the water & sodas I will be bringing.

Can you still order the birthday decorations from Bon Voyage? I'm only seeing Congratulations and Mis Quince on the website. I could get my own and take them, but was hoping to have them up in the room before we get there.

Thanks for any help you can give. If you can give any additional info on this kind of cabin or the Fascination in general, please feel free to chime in. This is our first time on a Fantasy class ship and I am really looking forward to it!:)

My wife and I were in a GS on the Fascination in May and loved it. The room is huge ans everything was perfect. To answer some of your questions:

*VIP disembark is also included which does extend to self assist. Just don't put your bags outside your door on the last night and carry them with you the next morning. You will be off quick, one of the first. I think we were off an hour after the ship docked.

*It is not an empty fridge, it is the mini bar type you have seen. You can however take all the items out and replace with whatever you want. Just let your room steward know about this. On a side note it takes a long time for things to get cold (at least a day) because they are not designed to cool things down, only maintain temp. I would recommend taking a small personal cooler and chilling drinks in ice before putting into the fridge.

*We did not use BV for decorations so are unsure of that.

You are gonna love this ship but especially the room. It is about the size of a standard hotel room! Many people say the room doesn't matter on a cruise but we disagree completely. It was so nice to come back after a long day and not be cramped in a tiny stateroom.

Have a great cruise!

We had the same suite on Fascination a couple years ago. Pics:

014-2.jpg

017.jpg

016-2.jpg

018-2.jpg

You will get priority debark and I am assuming self debark. I don't remember the fridge at all. It is a nice cabin with plenty of space. They are not as nice as the GS on the Spirit and Conquest classes, but we enjoyed it. The extended balcony give a lot of room.

Forthe record. We ended up moving the couch up against the wall and out from under the window. It seemed much better placed there (the pictures are before we did that).

Thank you both for the info! I think I will move the couch too. That placement makes much more sense! After looking at those pictures, I am even more excited, if possible! DD is going to love this room and that balcony!

So can the curtain next to the bed actually be pulled? I usually get up fairly early, but DD likes to sleep in. If this could be pulled, it might keep it a little darker around the bed area.

Archived