Beer/Alcohol price questions -

kimkimmie

How much is Corona on the ship - I think last time we went there was a bucket of 4 or 5 for $11 - What about in Cozumel, I heard you can find 25 cent Coronas on Mexico - that was a few years ago.

Also How many bottles of liquor can I buy on the ship, and what is the real savings above the free tax? What is the best deal?

Thanks,

Kim

On the boat they do offer a buket of 4 corona's not sure the cost like 12 bucks. And If you can bring back 1 liter (1/4 gallon) of liqour per person of legal drinking age, after that you pay taxes big time.

Domestic beer is $3.25 each, plus tip. Corona and other imports are $3.75 each, plus tip. A bucket of domestic is $11.50, plus tip. A bucket of Corona is $13.50. They include 4 beers and both domestic and import save you $1.50 when purchasing by the bucket.

However two things to be aware of. Since Corona is in a glass bottle, they will pour it into a glass for you. If you order a bucket, you get 4 cups of beer. Also, you can only order buckets at the pool.

You do know you can take your own on board. Just pack in a suit case that you check in, not a carry on. We have done this with wine and alcohol but I don't see why Carona would be any different. They would assume you bought the bottle legal. Just have your steward clean out your refigerator and throw them in.

Linda

Liberty 9/18/05

Glory 6/04

Conquest 6/03

How much is Corona on the ship - I think last time we went there was a bucket of 4 or 5 for $11 - What about in Cozumel, I heard you can find 25 cent Coronas on Mexico - that was a few years ago.

Also How many bottles of liquor can I buy on the ship, and what is the real savings above the free tax? What is the best deal?

Thanks,

Kim

Can't tell you about how much beer is on the ship or in Cozumel . . . but I can tell you that the drink of the day is either $5.95 or $6.95 (including the pastic glass it comes in) . . . $2.95 for the smaller glass (also plastic).

As far as buying bottles of liquor on the ship . . . go for it! I was traveling alone so I only bought two bottles (Absolute Vodka for $19.50 for both bottles). I fully expected to pay duty on one of them (only one 1.5 litre duty free is allowed per person). Ha! I wasn't even questioned (though I did note the extra bottle on my "form"). I saw people bringing in two "four packs" of bottled liquor and no one batted an eye. With the number of people trying to get off the ship and going through customs and immigration . . . no one seems to care what you bring in (unless it's something like thousands of dollars worth of jewelery). Had I known . . . I definately would have bought a couple more bottles. Didn't see any real discounts on jewelery (except for not having to pay tax on whatever one purchased) . . . but, on liquor and cigarettes . . . :p

Archived