Which Nellie's Cabanas for us?

My sister and I are considering booking 2 cabanas in Labadee (there are 8 of us, my parents, myself and my fiancee, my sister, her husband and her 2 daughters, ages 6 and 3). Which cabanas on Nellie's should we book if we want the 2 cabanas to be close together or easy to get from one to the other? I do realize that the cabanas are assigned as you check-in.

TIA! :D

My sister and I are considering booking 2 cabanas in Labadee (there are 8 of us, my parents, myself and my fiancee, my sister, her husband and her 2 daughters, ages 6 and 3). Which cabanas on Nellie's should we book if we want the 2 cabanas to be close together or easy to get from one to the other? I do realize that the cabanas are assigned as you check-in.

TIA! :D

There seems to be conflicting info on that.....they used to be assigned that way but latest reports seem to suggest they are now getting assigned by when you book them on-line.

We had an over-the-water cabana on Nellie's Beach this July. DH got off the ship early and cabanas were already assigned, however, when he arrived at the assigned cabana, he saw one he liked better, asked for it, and was re-assigned to that cabana. FYI, it is the fourth cabana in, tons of privacy and the ladder to the water is right there.

We had an over-the-water cabana on Nellie's Beach this July. DH got off the ship early and cabanas were already assigned, however, when he arrived at the assigned cabana, he saw one he liked better, asked for it, and was re-assigned to that cabana. FYI, it is the fourth cabana in, tons of privacy and the ladder to the water is right there.

I personally would have loved to take an over the water cabana on Nellie's, but after talking it over with my sister, we felt that with the little ones (6 and 3) we were probably better off going with just the beach cabana on Nellie's beach (not over the water or hillside). I have found a ton of information and pictures of the over the water and hillside cabanas (which makes me wish I had booked one instead and not told my sister) but have not found much, if any, information on the beach cabanas. Are these a lot newer than the other 2 types? I know they probably look the same but figuring out how these cabanas are set up in relation to eachother has been difficult.

We were there in July.

We were assigned a cabana over the water.

We arrived at the gate to barefoot (this is where you sign in for ALL cabanas) and met the attendant. Upon arriving at the cabana I told the attendant that I wanted the uppermost cabana. He said no problem 'first come first served'. So, get there early. Our friends stayed In the beachside cabanas. They liked them.

Myself. I would pick two of the over the water ones. There are 4 of them, I would chose the upper two.

I personally would have loved to take an over the water cabana on Nellie's, but after talking it over with my sister, we felt that with the little ones (6 and 3) we were probably better off going with just the beach cabana on Nellie's beach (not over the water or hillside). I have found a ton of information and pictures of the over the water and hillside cabanas (which makes me wish I had booked one instead and not told my sister) but have not found much, if any, information on the beach cabanas. Are these a lot newer than the other 2 types? I know they probably look the same but figuring out how these cabanas are set up in relation to eachother has been difficult.

We saw the beach cabanas and I don't think they are newer. The inside is similar to the hillside and over the water cabanas and the "deck" is on the beach. I think with small children you might like being on the beach so they can run around supervised. Loved the privacy of the over the water ones, however, our children are 19 and 14!

...Our friends stayed In the beachside cabanas. They liked them...

Glad to hear they liked them. I just have not been able to find many reviews or opinions of the beach cabanas. Of course, I am just happy that we were able to get 2 cabanas. I am sure we will enjoy them regardless of where they are.

...I think with small children you might like being on the beach so they can run around supervised...

This is exactly what we were thinking. I think the steps that go to either the over the water or the hillside cabanas could have lead to some bumps and scrapes or the need for more eyes on the kids, where as on the beach we wouldn't all need to watch them like hawks as much (they aren't the types to go running off unsupervised but are excitable types who could be prone to falling up or down stairs).

Here you go: Post #98

Our friends Tom and Kim's review of the beachside cabanas with photos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1678683&page=5

I did notice those, but I don't think I paid a whole lot of attention. I think the wall threw me off. Do all of the beach cabanas have a wall like that?

Also, I noticed in your pictures you were enjoying a nice cigar on your cabana. In my head I kind of figured the cabanas being non-smoking, but if cigars are allowed you just made me and my father very happy (one reason we won't do an Oasis class ship is due to the lack of a cigar lounge). :D

There was a wall around the beach side cabanas to keep the riff-raff out. ;)

The rest were up on the hillside or over the water.

Our cabana attendent did a great job chasing the kids away from our ladder into the water.

They liked to climb up in and dive off into the sea.

I really was not that bothered, but some of them were very loud.

I think he was fighting a losing battle, they kept returning.

Then he would chase them off.

As for the smoking, they are outside, so smoking was permitted.

Also there is a cigar bar up on deck 15 I think. I never went but it was listed in the daily events.

There was a wall around the beach side cabanas to keep the riff-raff out. ;)

Since there are 8 of us and only 4 lounge chairs, is there room inside the walls to add extra lounge chairs or would some of us have to go amongst the "riff-raff" for a lounge chair?

As for the smoking, they are outside, so smoking was permitted.

Also there is a cigar bar up on deck 15 I think. I never went but it was listed in the daily events.

The only thing better than a cigar on the beach (which we have had on Labadee) would be a cigar on a cabana on the beach.

From what I understand on Oasis/Allure is that at night the rope off part of the top deck for cigar smoking. It just doesn't seem as relaxing and peaceful as our after dinner cigars in the Connoiseur Club. I guess an actual cigar lounge is one of those things where once you are spoiled by one, you can't cruise without it.

Since there are 8 of us and only 4 lounge chairs, is there room inside the walls to add extra lounge chairs or would some of us have to go amongst the "riff-raff" for a lounge chair?

The two lounge chairs mentioned are outside the cabana, there are more with cushions ect on the inside. I would guess 4 could 'lounge' with an extra two seated.

Since you have seen my phots. look at them again, my son and wife were sleeping on the inside.. You get a pretty good idea of the room. Kims phots show this well.

The two lounge chairs mentioned are outside the cabana, there are more with cushions ect on the inside. I would guess 4 could 'lounge' with an extra two seated.

Since you have seen my phots. look at them again, my son and wife were sleeping on the inside.. You get a pretty good idea of the room. Kims phots show this well.

Since we are 8, what if more than 4 of us want to sit in the sun on a lounger? Are they able to bring loungers inside that wall or would half of us have to set up camp somewhere else to sit out in the sun?

Archived