Next Cruise Cert & Booking Online - Question.

I have a courtesy hold direct with RC for a cruise - 4 nighter in 2013, I'm a Diamond member.

I presumed the quote was inclusive of the 5% online booking discount.

When I called RC to assign the NCC to the booking and check the price they said I would lose the 5% discount and would only get 25 dollars OBC.

Also it is a balcony cabin I have on hold and thought the price would have gone down not up? So the cost has literally gone up 35 dollars.

This is my first time doing a NCC and I know you can't combine a number of things but the 5% discount?

So is this correct? Confused:confused:

I have a courtesy hold direct with RC for a cruise - 4 nighter in 2013, I'm a Diamond member.

I presumed the quote was inclusive of the 5% online booking discount.

When I called RC to assign the NCC to the booking and check the price they said I would lose the 5% discount and would only get 25 dollars OBC.

Also it is a balcony cabin I have on hold and thought the price would have gone down not up? So the cost has literally gone up 35 dollars.

This is my first time doing a NCC and I know you can't combine a number of things but the 5% discount?

So is this correct? Confused:confused:

Rules might be different in your country, but here in the US, we cannot book an NCC online. An NCC is already a booking, and therefore cannot be processed by the website. The only way to assign a specific cruise to an NCC is to call Royal or the travel agent (if appropriate).

Rules might be different in your country, but here in the US, we cannot book an NCC online. An NCC is already a booking, and therefore cannot be processed by the website. The only way to assign a specific cruise to an NCC is to call Royal or the travel agent (if appropriate).

True, but you can do a courtesy hold on a cruise/cabin online and then call and have the hold transferred to an NCC booking(we do this with almost every NCC we use).

True, but you can do a courtesy hold on a cruise/cabin online and then call and have the hold transferred to an NCC booking(we do this with almost every NCC we use).

Orville99, By using this method are you able to manage your booking online? The past two NCC bookings I've done I completed the booking through my TA. Since the booking wasn't completed online, I can't make changes to the booking online. Hoping that this may be a workaround.

Sure, I've done this too, but the booking that was originally made on the web is cancelled. The booking that survives is the NCC booking. The OP wanted to book on the web to get a 5% discount, so I doubt this technique will allow the OP to get the 5% discount.

Orville99, By using this method are you able to manage your booking online? The past two NCC bookings I've done I completed the booking through my TA. Since the booking wasn't completed online, I can't make changes to the booking online. Hoping that this may be a workaround.

Once you turn your booking over to a TA you lose complete control of it and any changes must be made through your TA.

I always manage my own bookings, and put my NCCs in my name, so in my case, the answer is yes. If your ncc has the TA's name on it, they own it, and as you'd have to get them to complete the booking.

I always manage my own bookings, and put my NCCs in my name, so in my case, the answer is yes. If your ncc has the TA's name on it, they own it, and as you'd have to get them to complete the booking.

Thanks for the response. In the past, I have put the NCC in my name and transfer it to my TA. I've noticed though that I still have been unable to make certain changes online, since the booking wasn't an online booking.

I'm hoping I don't run in to any surprises with my recent NCC. I specifically asked the loyalty ambassador on our cruise last month if the NCC had to be assigned to a TA within 6 months of booking. His response was that there is no time limitation following the booking, but once a cruise is assigned it must be transferred to a TA 6 months before the sail date. This info was completely new to me (I've heard nothing to that nature on here) and I'm hoping it was correct. Right now we don't have any particular cruise, ship, or itinerary in mind, so I really don't want to have to select something just to move the reservation to a TA.

Sorry for the long-winded response... Thanks again for your help!

Thanks for the response. In the past, I have put the NCC in my name and transfer it to my TA. I've noticed though that I still have been unable to make certain changes online, since the booking wasn't an online booking.

I'm hoping I don't run in to any surprises with my recent NCC. I specifically asked the loyalty ambassador on our cruise last month if the NCC had to be assigned to a TA within 6 months of booking. His response was that there is no time limitation following the booking, but once a cruise is assigned it must be transferred to a TA 6 months before the sail date. This info was completely new to me (I've heard nothing to that nature on here) and I'm hoping it was correct. Right now we don't have any particular cruise, ship, or itinerary in mind, so I really don't want to have to select something just to move the reservation to a TA.

Sorry for the long-winded response... Thanks again for your help!

I believe this is incorrect. The time limit to transfer an NCC to a TA is 60 days from the time the NCC is first assigned to a specific cruise.

I believe this is incorrect. The time limit to transfer an NCC to a TA is 60 days from the time the NCC is first assigned to a specific cruise.

That sounds like what I recall. I know that they changed the policy sometime within the past year or so, and your response reflects my recollection. Thank you for reminding me... I definitely wouldn't want to miss the deadline.

And to the OP - sorry to hijack your thread - that wasn't my intention!

To be honest, we don't do many true "online" bookings anymore, since we started using NCCs. The only time we book online is for little 3-night getaway weekend cruises. The only difference that I can see between the two is that with a true online booking I can modify the names of the passengers and with an NCC booking I can't. Everything else appears to work the same (dining/excursions/gifts, waivers, etc.)

To be honest, we don't do many true "online" bookings anymore, since we started using NCCs. The only time we book online is for little 3-night getaway weekend cruises. The only difference that I can see between the two is that with a true online booking I can modify the names of the passengers and with an NCC booking I can't. Everything else appears to work the same (dining/excursions/gifts, waivers, etc.)

Another thing that can be done with online bookings is to change the stateroom by accident. ;)

Thanks for your replies but just to get back to the original question and an update.

Called RCI in UK and spoke to a guy I have dealt with previously who informed me that the deposit for the two NCCs I booked onboard were processed but no charge had been taken from my bank account (their mistake of course). So using the courtesy holds he matched the NCC's IDs and gave me obc (plus extra) in lieu of the 5% online discount.:D

So it is correct you cannot book online with a NCC, you must call RCI direct or your TA.

So all good - roll on 2013!

p.s. Full deposits of 330euro (165 each) on a 7 nighter and 200euro for the 4 nighter already deducted from bank account within 24 hours! No reduced deposits on this side of Atlantic!:mad:

Archived