Cliffs & sunsets

kmezz

Need help in deciding where to watch the cliff divers and the sunset. Has anyone ever been to Pirate's Ave Bar & Grill, LTU Pub, or the Rockhouse in Negril? Which would you recommend?

• 2 weeks later...
Although a very touristy place, if you want to see cliff divers, the best place is Rick's Cafe because you will see more people diving there than any of the other locations you mentioned. Jamaicans working there do unbelievably high dives. It's great fun to watch. But I wouldn't suggest eating there. Rip off city. LTU is next door which is a good restaurant and your cliff-side table will have a beatiful view of the sea. Nice bar too. Are you talking about Pirates' Cave? Cliffs aren't as high there as Rick's so you may want to jump yourself. Not a tourist "trap". I don't know how many people you would see diving there. Maybe none, but a nice place to visit. Rockhouse is great for dining and watching the sunset, but I don't think it's a hang-out place (but not sure) and don't think there will be much dive action. You can see the sunset from all the locations you mentioned.

Archived